Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

95-f250

blacksnapon

Staff member
truck is a4x4 w/ 460,5 speed my mileage is down to about 6 a gal. what can i do to try to improve it back to at least 10
Unfortunately, with a 460, tune up, carb adjustments, is about all you can hope for.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Unfortunately, with a 460, tune up, carb adjustments, is about all you can hope for.

1+! She's not going to even think about returning good mpg's until everything is up to snuff. Tune up, adjust the carb, etc... and keep your foot out of it. smilietease These trucks, unfortunately, just weren't made for pleasing you at the pump. smilieFordlogo

(Why am I thinking these engines were injected?)

Its 95 so im assuming fuel injected with MAF sensor? what i would do is tune it up, replace the o2 sensor, clean the Mass Air Flow sensor and make sure my tires are up to correct pressure. also you can get a K&N air filter and make it breath easier but make sure you make it into a cold air intake the one i got was built so it would breath air from the engine compartment which is no bueno.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts