Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

'93 Taurus SHO no start...

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Found this on superhighpoutput.com...

shozaam said:
Now this car will not start , this is the second time it leaves me stranded. The battery is fully charged, but I don't get any crank. The first time I left it overnight and came back and opened the door with the key ( in case the anti-theft ) was on. It started right away.
Last night it happened again. I don't think is the starter since I don't even hear a click when the pinion engages, I get nothing. I shifted the car to neutral and back to park in case it was the neutral switch was the culprit. That didn't work, I will not try to bump the starter and see if that helps it. Any other suggestions as to where I should check? Again
full battery, no cranking at all, not even a click.

It was the starter. Even the guys at the shop said it was weird that it would not even click.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Is the solenoid on the firewall or integral with the starter?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hopefully it will just be a crappy connection or something easy.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
It does have a leaky pan gasket and has been dribbling on the starter, so that might have something to do with it...

and yes I'm going to fix the leak but the PO had changed the oil a couple weeks prior and I wasn't going to waste nearly new erl...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sounds like it is similar to the old GM type starters...I found those things notorious for crappy connections that seemed to need an annual checking and cleaning.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Okay, so starter checks out.

Putting it back in I came across a second connector that is in the same loom as the spade connector to the solenoid. What does that connect to as I can't seen any place it should go.

I'm working my way from the starter back so my next idea is either the NSS or the relay box...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Glad to hear ya got it fixed!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
How did you trace it back to that?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts