Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

'92 351w true dual side exhaust CONCEPT

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Sorry man....wouldnt catch me runing a system like that...but its your truck...

At the VERY LEAST the pipes should go back past the cab and exit out from under the body....

like this...

IMG_1573.JPG

true duel set up exiting in front of the rear tires. sounds good, not droning in the cab and legal. also no worrying for exhaust fumes!!

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
thanks all, negative or positive comeback. well its just a CONCEPT thought of how i was in to sound. its all fitted pipe and no welded. plus theyre longtube headers and stoop lower than stock exhaust location. and wont fit over the transmission crossover unless you do some good modding.

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
lol and yea the way it looks right under the cab, i dont smell no fumes, even at idling. even when they were open headers no pipes i didnt smell too much fumes either just loud as hell

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
like this...

IMG_1573.JPG

true duel set up exiting in front of the rear tires. sounds good, not droning in the cab and legal. also no worrying for exhaust fumes!!

i like that setup. right in front the rear tires, ill probably go with magnaflows or thrush mufflers. i already have one of those 89$ thrush polished mufflers, got it for free showing a bud how to work his front end of his chevy. do you got a pic of the exhaust closest to the engine?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
When it revs it doesn't sound so bad, but it's got to be awfully loud. You need to seal up the system, dump it further back, and maybe throw at least a fiberglass muffler on it to smooth it out.

Ryan

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
I agree with Ryan, sounds like you have a good start. Just move it a little farther back and it would probably be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

jbashaw

daddy bashaw
it will have individual pipes one manifold into one inlet and one manifold into the other inlet.... I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be if it had one pipe from each side if the motor... only difference is just one muffler... why else would they make dual in dual out?

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
yea it actually sounds better in person i noticed that when listening to it with headphones on the computer. im considering putting magnaflows or some other kind of sound absorbing muffler on them. and yea the pipes will be tucked up much better if i dump them at the bed sides, this was just a concept. and i like it but more pipe would quiet it down and thats what i want

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
@jbashaw i know what youre talking about i was just thinking about doing that too intead of true duals. my drivers side is very narrow and much more easier to that way youre implying

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts