Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

90 F150 Motor Swap

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
So yea my buddy bought a truck, from his friend, and it needed a motor. Its a 90 F150 5.0L AOT 4x4, standard cab,long bed. It has a body lift on it, and its in fair shape. We pulled the motor out tonight, started after work at 6 got it out at 9-10ish. Ill post some pics in a bit.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Here are some pics, the new motor is a rebuilt peice we picked up for 300 bucks from craigslist. Supposed to have a RV cam in it. Hope she works out good. Just got done drinkin beers and I can manage to post some pics.
IMG_0555.jpg

My friend Caleb, its his truck
IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
whoa that truck looks...very uhh....used haha

nice truck though. hope the new engine works out great!

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea im a get a nice paint job on it for him. Will be back in mint condition soon.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Was just gonna say that, we got the new motor all asembled last night, except for the intake which was dryin out from cleaning it.
IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

Sittin in a pool of its on blood. HAHA

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
ya see.....the reason the paint flakes off on fords is because.....these trucks are made so well and so solid...nothing can be completely perfect...so they let the paint flake

Some 5/8x1" coarse thread bolts will plug the holes in the heads under that crossover tube if you want to avoid a possible furure exhaust leak.

Hopefully the "RV cam" won't upset the EFI too much.. if it's a carb grind the motor won't idle very well but should make good power, depending what the truck is used for the owner may even like it.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea i just did this caus hes on a budget, plus it was late. It wasnt leakin on the other motor, it will be good on this. The motor was for a EFI truck, so I hope the cam is EFI friendly. Well see.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
We got it all together except for the upper hose and fan shroud. Even got the long tubes on. The ones we used were Hooker's and the drivers fit perfict, but at last the drivers fit like crap, had to bend some tubes and weld em to each other to hold them together, and notch the frame a bit, and then cut the collector, and make it point away from the trans pan. I came out happy with it, have to make the catless back tomorrow or monday. We didnt fire the motor up caus we couldnt get it too. after playin with the dizzy and finally havin enough. We called it quits. After thinkin for hrs in my head y it didnt work, i finally figured it out. I had my buddy put the wires on, and he went clockwise with the firing order, damn it. Will try to fire tomorrow.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Here are some pics.
IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

FIRED IT UP YEAAAA

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Man you even sprayed the coolant bybass hose and all. LETS GO FORD

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Lol no long tubes fit on anything I own, 1 side does, 1 fits to the point of shootin my self in the face. I had the order right, just goin clockwise a 1am, No wonder it wouldnt start. I does run very good and I made the exhaust up today. Still no upper hose, or coolant lol.
IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

Yea Hooker didnt give me any collectors so I had to steal em off my red truck.

Last edited:

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Just an update. Truck is running great other then the melted plug wires which a solution is commin in the mail tomorrow. Short plugs and high temp wires. The shifter hits the exhaust and doesnt go into drive, damn it have to fix that.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts