Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

87 ranger t-case

I have an 87 ranger, 2.9, 4x4, 5 speed, electronically shifted t-case.

I HATE THE STUPID ELECTRONIC BS.

Is there any way to convert this to shift mechanically, like with a shifter through the floor? It dont have to be pretty, as this will be a wheeler. If this helps, i will have the trans/t-case out to put a clutch in it, maybe i could do something then?

Also, on a kinda related subject, what does it take to convert from automatic hubs to manual? like if i found a donor truck, what all would i have to take to do the swap?

I might leave the hubs, as it will be solid axle swapped eventually, but if its easy, why not?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Short of completely switching transfer cases.......no. The hubs can be converted, the difference is in the locking nuts.

Short of completely switching transfer cases.......no. The hubs can be converted, the difference is in the locking nuts.

Ok. thats not the answer i was hoping for, but its an answer. lol. ok so since its just gunna be a wheeler, i wont worry to much about it. unless i find a sweet deal on a transfer case. Eventually it will get a mild 302 or 351w, with a 5 speed and an np205, but right now ill just live with what i got.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts