Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

8.8 Disc Brake Conversion

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
You heard me.....I wanna make it a budget build though...not go out n buy a kit or try to find an Exploder rear........if you can take the rotors off a dana 44 straight and slap em on a 9 inch rear...then why not the same with an 8.8?Any ideas or experiences?That would be a sweet swap.....and not too hard either.Thanks

JR

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
All it amounts to is the brackets.Make em .

I had everything to do one a guys truck Then he sold everthing.

Forget what year exploder bolted right to our 8.8 flange . Of course rears r less than $100 with everything on em. Was going to toss center and use brackets chalibers (the big $ of swap.) Some emergency parts ETC.

Hey keep us informed only matter time till others start to post on it.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah I'd love to see what you come up with Junior. Rear discs would be an awesome upgrade for me when it comes to towing the boat.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I'm interested as well, I'd love to have some more stopping power.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I saw on Spike TV where they did that Dana rotor swap onto a 9 inch with a ford caliper and all they had to do was a little grindin on the axle center and it popped right on....wish I could remember where they got the bracket....oh well fabricators are few right?lol......I wonder how I could bypass the cable e-brake..it wouldn't function anymore ....I would love to have a functioning one...any idears?Later

JR

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
They make a small Caliper style E-brake, I seen that on Musclecar , pretty neat looking , search the Powerblock website, see what you can find.

Mike

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Thats good to know. Now you know what to measure.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Ugh Oh, Hes fired up watch out. Once your done with ur disk brake kit, come up with one for my Sterling 10.25 lol.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Don't forget to make me a duplicate kit.. with brembos instead of the cheap cost way. Oh and free shipping and cost, thanks. :D

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
LMAO just a lil southern ingenuity to inspire the weak Chris lol....and Ryan...I'd use Wilwood before I use Brembo...just preference....hey I'll take alotta pics and scan a to size template for the plates lol....Later

JR

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts