Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

79' Road Rogue

Possum

Georgia Chapter member
I have a 79' "Road Rogue" edition F150 4x4. Does anybody else have this edition truck, or know anythang about it?

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Where are the pics???? I have never heard that before.

Possum

Georgia Chapter member
I'll get some pics as soon as I can. The truck is in Mississippi but I'm stationed at Moody AFB in Georgia. I got this truck from my pawpa. He bought it new in 79' but I've never seen this particular edition before.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
I've never heard of one before also. However I do know that many car/truck mfgs. through the years have offered models specific to a state that you could not get in another state, as well as color combinations, even though the mfg.offered the color in their brochures.
Dak

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
Post up some pics. Do you have any other details on the truck? Engine or trans?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've never heard of one before also. However I do know that many car/truck mfgs. through the years have offered models specific to a state that you could not get in another state, as well as color combinations, even though the mfg.offered the color in their brochures.
Dak

Never heard of it before either...and I agree with Dak. However, I didn't think those sort of 'customized' dealership/state wide packages really started showing up until the 80's for Ford.

To the OP...what about the truck makes you think it has this package? Are there stickers? Some sorta handling upgrades? Etc

Possum

Georgia Chapter member

It has two wide white stripes (the truck is dark blue) runnin down the side and they curl up past the rear fenderwell and run into the words "ROAD ROGUE
4 X FORD"

It has a factory lift on it (I thank a 4") and a "custom" emblem on the dash.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It has two wide white stripes (the truck is dark blue) runnin down the side and they curl up past the rear fenderwell and run into the words "ROAD ROGUE
4 X FORD"

It has a factory lift on it (I thank a 4") and a "custom" emblem on the dash.

Sounds like something aftermarket done in the last 31 years to me. Out of all the dent sides I've owned/seen/read about, I've never heard or seen of that package. Not to mention, I've never seen or Heard of Ford making reference or puttinf stickers on pertaining to 4x4 on these trucks. Another red flag is there is no factory lift. Maybe maybe maybe a dealer added lift. However, I'd still like to see pics.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I agree Ben...sounds like someone other than Ford did it.

It could be that the dealer had a shop come in and do some custom work to it. Idk if that was as popular as it is now, but there are dealers out her in Cali that have shops come out and do a custom paint/body job to trucks and sell them like that...could be something like that for sure

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts