Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

'79 Official race truck?

1979 Indy Pace Trucks......

Hello Sorry to all about being MIA since last October.. I do also have a complete set of NOS stripes, that have been stored in the original packaging and do seem to be in usable condition. I have some used items that I was going to use in my restoration but that all ended when I purchased my 11,000 mile truck. I have a front seat, roll bar, tailgate panel, door panels and some other items. I am going to list them on ebay as soon a the snow melts in Michigan..

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I wouldn't think gray and orange would go together, but that looks VERY nice.

Do you think the snow will ever melt in Michigan?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I have a...tailgate panel,...I am going to list them on ebay as soon a the snow melts in Michigan..

Hey now...give a brother a crack at it before going and listing it on ebay where you can be more profitable.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Out of curiosity were the pace trucks silver or pewter metallic like the mustangs? For those restoring and repainting their trucks, what paint code/ color description did you use. Thanks in advance

Hello everyone!
I think I have the opportunity to buy one of these trucks. However some of the details seem a bit off. Please let me know what you think, is it a 79 Indy 500 Support Truck?

135.JPG

Hello the color of the truck sides stripes, look correct but I have never seen the hood decal like this. Does the interior have the silver, black and orange details?

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Yes, the interior does have the silver, black, and orange details according to the article on the Indy pace trucks that I had read in Vintage Truck magazine, that I had read some time ago. You might want to google or bing 1979 Ford Indy pace trucks, you'll find lots of information on them, and they are F-150 Rangers with 460 s and a C6 automatic transmission.
Hopefully you find this helpful to you.smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
To the Indy pace truck guys...what's the going rate for a dash bezel and glove box surround???

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
To the Indy pace truck guys...what's the going rate for a dash bezel and glove box surround???

Ended up snagging them for a smoking deal...

image289.jpg

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I'm a little late to the party, but I found this at a local swap meet / auction a few months back. had 20k original miles, truck was beautiful.
pace_zpsc88ef7f0.jpg

pace2_zps9aed4c07.jpg

pace4_zps51537b56.jpg

pace3_zps5aa17b33.jpg

Very nice truck! I was under the impression that the pace trucks were 2WD?

Ended up snagging them for a smoking deal...

image289.jpg

Oh Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
$50 shipped to my door. Some day when I do an all orange truck to honor my alma mater...they'll get used.

Pace Truck

Hello to all of you. I'm a newbie here but I've owned at least one of these trucks for many years. I think maybe I have purchased the truck on the Knoxville ad. I bought it from a guy in Elizabethton a few weeks ago. Is this it ?

photo4.jpg.html

photo2.jpg.html

I've also included a photo of the original sales brochure from Ford back in the day....

photo5.jpg.html

Regarding the decals, I'll be reproducing them very shortly. I currently need two sets for my own trucks and I'll make a few extra sets while we are at it. I have two complete sets of the original lettering decals that came in the box in the seat. I've also got an original paint and decal truck for size and placement accuracy. We will use them as patterns for size and color so the reproductions should be dead on.

If anyone has a question about these trucks I'll be happy to try and help. I've followed them pretty closely for a lot of years. Did you know there were 4,225 of them built ? You could get them in 2 and 4 wheel drive, 302's, 351's or 460's with manual or auto trans. Did you know there were a VERY few factory Indy wreckers with the same color scheme ? I missed one several years ago and it's long gone.

If you've got any info I'm all ears. These trucks are disappearing quickly and I'd love to have the data plate info off of any left out there. Particularly plant, DSO and sequence numbers.

Thanks , Dean

Dean

New member here I have 2 of these pace trucks and was wondering if you have started producing the decals yet?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts