Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

79 marker light help.

My brother lives in Springfield, MO (where a warehouse is). If the store he happens to stop in does not have the part he needs. He has them check the warehouse. If it is in stock at the warehouse..he does not wait on it. He drives over there and gets the part he needs.

No clue if there is a sales counter or not, but I know he picks up the parts he needs all the time that way.

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
yeah i kinda thought they'd have something like that. i've bought parts at one store and picked them up at another across town so it's not that big a stretch to pay at a store and pick it up at the warehouse.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
we keep getting people asking if we need drivers but our trucks don't require cdls and the pay is CRAP. i mean seriously one guy left cuz he was making like 8.50 an hour after 3 years of driving and a raise each year. like i said, crap.
8.50! Baawhahaha I made that much working at Krispy Kreme

I'm sure if they don't have a SALES counter, they DO have "Will-Call". That does mean going to the store or online to buy it, but that way the DC doesn't have to tend cash registers or answer a lot of questions.
Surprised they don't need drivers! Springfield needs them regularly, and so does Danville, Illinois. Had offers from both, but they are too far away for a commute ;) B'sides, can't do that stuff anymore, not with the knee the way it is.

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
yeah 8.50 blows for a driver.. i made that in a call center that was on the low end of the call center worlds pay scale.

no i don't work for them but compared to the others i've been to, the service at the one i frequent is AWESOME. the guy back there will take the time to help me find something or tell me where else to find it. it's the svc that kept me going back. got 99% of my motor change parts there because of his service. drove up from brownfield to go there when i needed something even.. took a little longer but the svc was 100% worth it. he's also the guy that knows where that yard is north of town that doesn't crush their stuff.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Not sure how a person could live on $8.50 an hour. I think that is the CA min wage now.

I can barely live on what I make and I make a heck of a lot more then that an hour.

Just wondering do yall work for O'smelly's?
In some small way, we ALL work for Oh Really's...

Kinda like we work for the Government, in that they get a portion of our PAY!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Ya here in this crap sack of a town you can walk out of college and only make 9.50 H/r I was lucky when I was driving I made a hell of a lot more then the guys I knew that came out with masters and BS's. So how about those Olympics ??smiliestirthepot smiliestirthepot

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Hello every one, I need, and i'm not sure what they are called but the little plastic square pieces that are pushed in to the frame so you can screw the marker lights in to. I can't find them in any of my catalogs and the auto parts store guys went duuh when I asked them, any one know where I can find them or any ideas hot to make some? thanks every one..
383356S .. Nut

You prolly found them by now...but if not, greensalescompany.com has 250 of them in stock.

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
i'm making just a few cents shy of that now with no degree at all, FT, OT & benefits. making it on 8.50 if you're by yourself is actually very doable around here, i did it on less up until the past year. cost of living isn't as high here as in cali by any stretch of the imagination. my friend that's working for sentinel has no degree and is making 75G a year driving overnights. *shrug*

i'm actually kinda sad for the womens gymnastics team. that one girl kept falling and jacked them all up.

Ford Truck Articles