Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

79 f250 "build"

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Righteous...looking good man.

well i got the old girl to run and it seems to be running damn well. i had to adjust the float on the carb a bit as it was over filling but not it seems to be good. i also had to get a stupid bugs nest out of the fuel line, damn bees. im waiting on an air cleaner from summit then all i have left to do is fab a bracket for the throttle cable, put on the last 2 belts, and finish the exhaust. oh and i found out the radiator has a ton of leaks so it looks like ill need one of these too. after allt hat is good i have to gover over the rest of the truck to make sure its road worthy. enough :-blah here the pics and a vid

IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

YouTube - ‪79 f250 300 cid flow master 40 series‬‏

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
well i got the old girl to run and it seems to be running damn well. i had to adjust the float on the carb a bit as it was over filling but not it seems to be good. i also had to get a stupid bugs nest out of the fuel line, damn bees. im waiting on an air cleaner from summit then all i have left to do is fab a bracket for the throttle cable, put on the last 2 belts, and finish the exhaust. oh and i found out the radiator has a ton of leaks so it looks like ill need one of these too. after allt hat is good i have to gover over the rest of the truck to make sure its road worthy. enough :-blah here the pics and a vid

IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

YouTube - ‪79 f250 300 cid flow master 40 series‬‏

Very, very nice.....sounds awesome....I can't believe you did all that in about a months time...pretty wild.

Very, very nice.....sounds awesome....I can't believe you did all that in about a months time...pretty wild.

i cant believe it took over a month.hell i got this truck back in march, it sat for about a month, determined the engine was trash, went and got a "good" used one that ended up being worn to hell, then i had to wait a month for my new rebuilt long block to come and the last months time has been spent actually installing the damn thing. im leaving again tomorrow for 2 weeks, when i get home i plan to have it on the road that week so i can get it up dmv and put some tags on it.

if you have a valve or put a valve to shut off water to the heater core, that H-pipe lets the water circulate back instead of "stacking" up at the valve. More or less presure relief.

Because there is no bypass hole at the T-stat housing

so im finally back in town once again,and making progress again :-X06

i ordered pretty much the rest of the stuff i needed while i was away and it was all here when i got back. though i dont have very many pictures i did make some good progress today. i finished up my exhaust system and got it hung and clamped, pretty happy with how it came out. then i swapped the pressure side PS line out since it didnt wana seal. i then moved on to changing all the gear oil in the truck.

incase anyone is curious, a d60 front and rear truck with a 435 and 205 will need 3 gallons of gear lube if you change it all. though when i drained it it still looked clean so it was probably unnecessary but now its all fresh.

heres the finished exhaust all welded up
IMG_2858.jpg

IMG_2859.jpg

now for the fun, while draining the trans, i herd a few things fall into the drain pan....never a good thing unless you dropped the plug, not the case this time, after feeling around the pan wrist deep in gear fluid heres what i found

IMG_2862.jpg

2 full needles and 2 broken pieces that dont match. this cant be good.

the trucks almost ready!

its all but finished, all i have to do is make 2 new break lines down to the prop valve that i broke :-arrgh and put the hood on. oh and rebuild the trans :-arrgh

today i made a very simple fix for the stock cable to use it on the 4bb. i just cut a 1x1 piece of angle and tacked it to the valve cover and put a bolt through where it was originally. piece of cake. i bolted the air cleaner on, and bolted the coil up then finished wiring the choke.

oo shiney
IMG_2870.jpg

the lil tab i made
IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2865.jpg

IMG_2867.jpg

i also painted the headlight surrounds and grille insert, im going to do the bumper too

IMG_2871.jpg

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Looks good!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
the trucks almost ready!

i also painted the headlight surrounds and grille insert, im going to do the bumper too

IMG_2871.jpg

What did you use to paint this? And are you using the same stuff to paint the bumper?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
yea, i just used regular old spray paint. not sure how long itll last. the rest of the truck aint perfect so i wasnt gona get carried away

Gotcha, thanks....looks good though.

Ford Truck Articles