Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

79 Bronco Build

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I figure till I get the other cab ready, i will pickup a set of 37s and run them with no lift.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I figure till I get the other cab ready, i will pickup a set of 37s and run them with no lift.

Shoot...37's...I was thinking more along the lines of 54" Boggers with all that fender missing...hahaha.

well if it were me i would save the ole freewheeler... shes had a hard life and dont need any more trouble. saying that i got my freewheeler bronk for 750 and all she needed was a fuel pump. i must say i didnt really like the stripe package at first for mine but it really grew on me. and to let you know that steering wheel you have will be worth a good little chunk of change.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I think its too far gone to save. I have a line on another bronco with light body damage I may pick up dirt cheap (brother in law) I am pretty sure the cab from the F100 (rust free) will go on this frame.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Is there a company that makes replacement topper windows for a Bronco? I don't need glass, but maybe hardened lexan or something like that, preferably tinted.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Here is the plan (just a quick photoshop)

7030ae05.jpg

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Did you finally get it to quit leaking less fluids than you were putting in?

Is there a company that makes replacement topper windows for a Bronco? I don't need glass, but maybe hardened lexan or something like that, preferably tinted.

I know for toppers with solid panes they do in fact have replacement glass, even though that doesn't sound like what you want..

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I don't need replacement glass, I just need something cheap that isn't cracked with bullet holes in it. :D

I have not messed around with the 400, I am trading it to my dad for a rebuilt 300/NP435. That should happen this spring once it gets warmer and I get back to the farm for a bit.

Try an marine upholstery shop that makes stuff for boats. They use all sorts of HD clear plastic.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Doesn't plexiglass scratch really easily?

I will check if any of the marine shops around here have anything that will work.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I was thinking about that. My plan was just to silicon them in place. I don't want to pay for new actual windows.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Looks like we might be starting the engine swap this weekend/early next week. :)

Ford Truck Articles