Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

77 F-150 Ranger

I figure i need to start posting pic's before it gets tour apart

1977 Ford F-150 Ranger
400 V8
C6 Auto
2WD

The only part on the body that is going to be saved is the cab. the rest is scrap.

Attachments

• 77Ford.JPG
  • GEDV0003.JPG
I am a bit new to these trucks, but why would you crap the rest of the body? It all looks in pretty good shape sans the dent in the hood. Is there hidden rustrot that's underneath?

I am a bit new to these trucks, but why would you crap the rest of the body? It all looks in pretty good shape sans the dent in the hood. Is there hidden rustrot that's underneath?

Both front fenders are pushed in at the bottom behind the bumper, the doors are rotting from the inside out metal is very thin has very small rust holes no bigger then a dime, and the door is also breaking apart where the mirror is mounted.
the hood, just the amount of rust on it i just don't want to mess with it, the top of the cab is going to be hard enough.
The bed........ Rotting out over the rear tires, heavy damage all over. The drivers side of the bed at the tail gate is ripped loose and is leaning out, cant put a tail gate on it. the head wall on the bed has rotted out and broke loose

the Frame was under coated and so was the bottom of the cab. the under coating is flaking off now but it saved me allot of work, just light surface rust

I cleaned the tag on the rear end. it says i have a rear gear ratio of 2.75 That seems a bit tall for a truck?

The code on the door has a H4

Either way she will smoke a tire all the way down the street :)

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
H4 would be a limited slip 3.25 ratio. Also, they did put 2.75 ratios in the trucks. Was there an "L" on the differential tag?

Looks like it probably a 2.75. Nothing wrong with that for a cruising rig... They go down the highway really nice.

Well i dont have a tach for it, but only one time i did something stupid with bad steering i pushed the truck to 100 mph and she felt like she had lots more to give.

So i guess it would be a great hwy truck, i drive allot from FL to VA

I got some bad news today....... the tire inspector is not happy with me :(
GEDV0001.JPG

Well i have hit a cross road. :headbang: :headbang: :hammer: :hammer: I started doing my spring mant on the truck, lube oil change etc. I took some extra time to just look at the condition of bushings bolts in the suspension, and what i found was not good. the brackets for the shocks and the leaf springs on the rear end the mounting brackets the holes are destroyed. i have found the same damage in the front end to on the shock mounts.

my issue is i can not repair that and with everything els i had planed to do i am really thinking the truck is not worth it.

If anyone knows where to get all the suspension brackets i would love to know.

Side note. I think my father secretly wants the 400 out of my truck to put in his :wasntme: :wasntme:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts