Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

75k mileage update

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
For reasons I no longer recall, I've kept very careful track of this truck's fuel usage- as in, every fillup since it rolled off the dealer's lot is in a spreadsheet. ('Cause I could, I guess.)

I'm just a whisker early on 75k, but close enough- these charts cover through 74,840 miles. Overall average (total miles/total gallons) is 19.5 mpg. It's creeping down, but still hard to complain, as EPA window sticker numbers were 15/19.

Details: '09 Ranger Supercab, 4x4, 4.0, 5-speed, 3.73, 235/75-15 (stock-size) tires, mostly dedicated snow-tread. Bone-stock except a tonneau cover. Usually just hauls my butt around, principally rural 2-lanes and interstate.

Graphs should be labelled clearly enough to know what they're showing.

$12,948.80 worth of gas through the tank since I bought it. 'balls'

Attachments

Last edited:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
.57/mile just for gas. That's scary. Sounds like the IRS allotment just barely covers fuel costs, let alone wear and tear, for business purposes.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I make it 17.3 cents/mile for gas. [confused]

Still, I don't think I make any money at the $0.5x they reimburse me when I have to use my own vehicle for work.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Still scary to think it's nearly double what I used to figure my gas cost/mile was a decade ago.

'Course, that truck burned a little less gas. (And my annual income has risen by a factor much larger than two in that decade...)

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Ian, I think they call this OCD.

Just kidding, but very interesting data in your record keeping. Thank you for sharing.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles