Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

73-77 grille

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The grilles were aluminum originally. A couple weeks ago, Dennis Carpenter had 17 of them sitting on the shelves. $550 each. I've also got a couple OEM's that I use as wall art pulled from JY's and parts trucks...dunno how fancy you want them...but for 549.99 + shipping, one can be yours...haha. Capitalism at it's finest.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
the ones you got hows the chrome on em because i really dont want to have em re chromed, but want them almost pristine, i know i know jy and parts trucks lol

If they were pristine, they'd be on my rigs...hahahaha. That being said, I believe user Ronzi picked up a chrome shell from LMC...and it looked pretty doggon good (I just puked a little in my mouth advocating LMC). Now that was a 78-79 shell, but I didn't see but I didn't even see those in the most recent LMC catalog that came to my house. Have you tried giving them a call? Plain and simple, if you want pristine, you're gonna have to lay out a few bones.

Well I have a (BEST CONDITION I'VE SEEN) OEM experienced 1975 grille surround and inserts that I can sell.

Another member on here wanted it but I haven't heard from him in a while.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well I have a (BEST CONDITION I'VE SEEN) OEM experienced 1975 grille surround and inserts that I can sell.

Another member on here wanted it but I haven't heard from him in a while.

I keep telling you to take pics and post what you are willing to sell. I'm sure you could make a killing, and I'd be interested in that shell potentially.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I have this one, not pristine but pretty good for getting it at a junkyard

100_4953.jpg

One of these days I'll get it on my truck if I ever feel like paying the shipping to get it to my house.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
I could be wrong, but I don't believe any of the grill shells were chromed - just polished aluminum.

And I 've never heard of or seen a steel one.

Anodized aluminum

there is dent on the upper drivers side outside the TS light lens and a small dent just lower right of the xlt emblem

this is the only photo i have of it

PA150056.jpg

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I hope you find one because i've never seen a 73-77 grille on a Bronco before! That may look cool!

It is pretty cool, although I do prefer the 79 grilles. Here's a thread about one:

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5505

I have this one, not pristine but pretty good for getting it at a junkyard

100_4953.jpg

One of these days I'll get it on my truck if I ever feel like paying the shipping to get it to my house.

That door trim looks real nice. And I'm pretty sure you're the only guy I know that has to ship truck parts from himself to himself...hahaha...epic.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe any of the grill shells were chromed - just polished aluminum.

And I 've never heard of or seen a steel one.

As Dennis said, anodized aluminum. As for chromed, I know LMC is selling chromed 78/9 grille shells now...but I believe that's it. I also know I've seen some chinaman grille shells on ebay claim to be steel, but you know how that goes.

Anodized aluminum

there is dent on the upper drivers side outside the TS light lens and a small dent just lower right of the xlt emblem

this is the only photo i have of it

PA150056.jpg

Dang...that thing still gleems. Not bad, not bad at all.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Ben the door trim is in good shape. The woodgrain one is in good shape but the tabs that hold it to the panel are all broke off. someone didn't remove them right and I found them laying on the seat. The chrome ones by themselves are in good shape with no dings as far as I remember.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts