Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

71 F-100

primetime

sawmill slave
The weather around here has not been all that cooperative, but I was a little bored and we had some sun and decent temps, and the truck really needed a set of mirrors that would allow me to back it up. Getting it stuck on the side of the driveway because I couldn`t see what I was doing kind of set things in motion.

Anyways, I had some gen 7/8 mirrors in the barn, so I threw them on there. Looks mucho better, and I can see what I`m doing when I back up now.

Here`s what was on there.

SANY0161.JPG

And now.

SANY0162.JPG

SANY0163.JPG

SANY0164.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Those look good on there.

primetime

sawmill slave
Not bad, huh? I put some 7x10 camper mirrors on a friends 68 one ton several years ago. Those turned out pretty nice also. 80-96 mirrors fit these trucks pretty well actually.

The price was right also.:)

primetime

sawmill slave
Pulled the front drums, repacked the wheel bearings, lubed the adjusters and the backing plates, the left front wheel cylinder had some corrosion in it, so I took it apart and honed it. Put everything back together, adjusted the brakes, and they work good now.

I also gave everything a shot of grease while it was in the air, got oil and filter for it, then the rain came. I`ve got some metal on hand to build some cab mounts, picked up some rod for that.

I snagged a set of buckets and console for the big truck, so I going to put the 93 XLT bench in this one. I also had insurance put on it today, so Wednesday I`m going to run up to the Secratary of State and get the plate registered. I have the next two weeks off, so I`ve got time and ambition.:WooHoo:

primetime

sawmill slave
Pics forthcoming?

I did not take any pics of the stuff I did this morning. Thought about it. I do however have a picture of the new co-pilot. Will that do?

SANY01661.JPG

Yeah, the kittys are less than enthused.

primetime

sawmill slave
Oh, I also flipped that center bar on the driver side grill that was bugging the crap out of me.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The pooch looks pretty happy and relaxed!

primetime

sawmill slave
He is getting settled. I ran the truck up to the mill yesterday to get rid of some trash, it`s got a shake around 30-35 mph, but other than that did pretty well.

primetime

sawmill slave
I`ll be taking the XLT seat out of my 93 and putting it in this truck as soon as my new buckets get here, which SHOULD be tomorrow. I hope.

primetime

sawmill slave
I haven`t had the time to fix the stuff that is preventing this from being a daily driver, but how about a picture of the ole girl girl hauling a BIG load of posts from the yard to the barn.

SANY0205.JPG

primetime

sawmill slave
So I dug the old girl out of the snow bank last week, and got it shoved into the garage. The carb is full of crap, so it wouldn`t drive in. I was going to work on it last weekend, but I screwed up my back.

But I was able to work on it today, so I tackled the cab mounts. I patched them together with some 1/8" plate because the cab itself has enough wrong with it that I cant justify buying new.

SANY0317.JPG

SANY0314.JPG

SANY0315.JPG

SANY0316.JPG

Don`t laugh to much. I still have some work to do, like finish the passenger side, some welding, and some grinding, but at least they will hold the cab up.

And I had`nt posted a picture of the new seat, so here it is.

SANY0318.JPG

Once I get the cab mounts done I`m going to strip the interior and do something about the floor pans, and some of the other holes that are letting in water.

The plan is to be driving it this summer, but the carrier bearing needs changed, the steering box is whipped, and so are the king pins. The king pins are my biggest conundrum. It`s drum all around, I would like to have discs, but the local yard has a 03 Crown Vic, which is a swap I`d like to do. I don`t know.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Those mounts look like they will do the trick.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts