Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

68 f100

hello my name is mitch i have a 68 f100 custom cab i bought not too long ago and have been rebuilding it little bit at a time. i have currently run into an issue i can not figure out, the other day i made a run to the dump and when i got back my oil sending unit blew and started leaking like mad, i replaced it and changed the oil at the same time. shortly after that i went to test drive it, went to the store to pick some stuff up, and when i came out to go home it took everything it had in it to get it moving so i limped it home. since then i have flushed the transmission and checked my e-brake and my brakes, and i cant figure out what else it could be was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and knows the solution

Last edited:
sorry forgot that it has the 360 that has been bored out to the 390 engine and the 4 speed manual transmission when the clutch is in the engine feels like it has just as much power as ever it doesnt feel like it is slipping when im trying to go just feels like im pulling a crap ton of weight

have you replaced the fuel pump. I had the same issue with my 360 a while back and it ended up being the fuel pump. they are pretty cheap

Fellro

Staff member
360 and 390 are the same bore, the stroke is the change. If there is lack of fuel supply, it will definitely be doggy.

Fellro

Staff member
How about fuel filter? How much oil did you lose?

not much oil its still full and pressure is back up to about mid gauge again. he said it was a new fuel filter fuel pump and hosing the engine runs fine by itself (with clutch pressed in) when i let off the clutch to move is when the problem arises...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts