Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

6.0 replacement oil filter cap

blacksnapon

Staff member
Aftermarket Oil Changes Causing 6.0L Owners to Lose their Lids

Some aftermarket competitors have released 6.0L oil filters for both E and F-Series applications with an integrated oil cap. The complete filter/cap combination is thrown away after each oil change. While not being environmentally friendly, this action is also causing customer dissatisfaction.

It appears that owners are not always aware that this special style of filter/cap is being used – and that their original oil cap has been discarded. The next time they want to use an original style oil filter means they will have to buy another oil cap.

Ford has reduced the pricing of the oil caps to make it easier for dealers to get 6.0L owners back to original parts. Dealers that purchased any caps 60 days prior to the price change will automatically be reimbursed for the price difference.

Remember, the 6.0 and 6.4L oil and fuel filters are patented for a reason and designed specifically for these engines. Help your customers by keeping their truck maintained with genuine Ford and Motorcraft parts.

Part Number
Old DNET
Old List
New DNET
New List

3C3Z-6766-CA

F-Series
$30.55
$61.10
$15.00
$30.00

4C2Z-6766-BA

E-Series
$27.93
$55.86
$17.99
$35.98

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
Thanks for the heads up. I have actualy seen threads on this verry thing on other sites. Another reason that I change my on oil. I know that isn't an option for some people.

That would have me upset, good thing I do it myself also. thanks for the inform.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Must be a horrible filter????

What a joke of a filter to then find out 5,000 miles later when you go to change it yourself or at the dealer that your OEM oil filter housing cap is missing!!!

Thanks for the heads up!!!!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts