Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

'55 f100 my first project need help

Done? Are any of us ever done? I never will be.

We have to remember...we own 50+ year old vehicles...that were used for hard work on the farm back when they were new.

They are not like some fancy car that grandma only drove to church every sunday.

I only drove mine about 110 miles today. :wavey:

55 tips

hello all i just bought my first real project. its a 55 ford f100 straight 6 with 3 on the tree. i has the "normal rust" im told on the cab corners and where the running boards bolt to the rear fender and the top of the windshield. I have so many questions on where to start, what motor swap i should do, how hard is it to re do all the rust, good places to find parts, etc. I appreciate all input just keep in mind dont have a lot of money haha thanks

a 55 is a good place to start. truck parts a easy to and and to work on i would recomend getting to know the ladies @ mid fiffties ford in arizona there catalouge will have every part for 53-56 trucks the problem areas are the front cab cornners the have all the patch panels you'll need door skins rear corners running boards even the smallest thing like weather stripping.
on the engein swap just keep it ford too many bone heads running around in nice ford trucks with small block chevys just cheapen a trus artifact.
for suspension and chasis item check out fatmans fabracation they make the best stuff bar nun. if there is any specific ? you have just hit me back i'll try to help

I would be happy to help you with questions and parts. We have U.S. made front floor pans LH and RH and the usual patch panels that every dealer carries. You can order online at F100Central.com and/or email me for a print catalog [email protected]. We specialize in 53-56 F100's. I answer a lot of questions from guys restoring trucks. We are checking into advertising on this site, in case we're not allowed to post for our businesses.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts