Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

521 Stroker Kit recommended by Carl

So I sent an email to Carl at carsbycarl.com and he said I should go for the Street Brawler kit:

105-5.jpg

Street Brawler Stroker Kit $1449.00

-Your choice of 521+ or 545+ cubic inch displacement
-Nodular iron crankshaft
---Internal balance design on 4.15" stroke crank
---External balance design on 4.3" and 4.5" cranks
-Scat 4340 forged I-beam rods with ARP bolts
-Probe forged pistons (flat top or dish)
---26cc dish with 4.300 stroke 521+ CID
---22cc dish with 4.500 stroke 545+ CID
-Piston rings matched to pistons
-King main bearings
-King rod bearings
-Suggested for applications of up to 650 Horsepower and 7000 RPM
-Custom options available.

smiliepeelout

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Mmmmmm that's pretty. So is that the guy to see when it comes to 460 strokers? Kinda like Tim is for 400's?

Question...used to be that you saw alot more 514's, and now it's like those got phased and replaced by the 521's? Anyone have an explanation to that?

Next question...With the 545, don't you start losing some structural integrity with the stock block?

FYI...now that I am securing funds, anyone and everyone that knows anything about 460's...expect some questions and hijacked threads...I don't care, that's how I roll.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
514's are stock bore, same stroke as the 521, 521 is .030 over bore...

Gotcha...didn't know that, guess I shoulda figured that out on my own though. I need a dunce cap.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
The UFS kit is all forged internals....
If i decided to add pressure later, or get crazy with the giggly...
I'll be ready.
The short blocks can be assembled with what ever specs you might request.
upgraded rod bolts is about the only thing i can find to uprade so i can run giggly..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
AIM...click on the little yellow guy under my post count and that should add me to your list if you have AIM...but ask anyone here that has my AIM, I'm rarely on.

I do yahoo...if I do any msgr at all. It's the same as my e-mail, [email protected]

I'm also on FB and Hellspace if you wanna drool over each other's hot pictures LOL - hey I mean my dog and truck

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I believe once you start goin that big, you run into vaccum issues keep a good idle with vac that comes and goes is hard to do, along with running your breaks and anything else..

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
With that long of a stroke you need a bigger cam to keep the exhaust valve open longer... other wise you will be pushing the exhaust gases out the intake valves...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts