Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

5.79 What's that?

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
That happened to be my last MPG check. Whooohoooo!!!

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
521 stroker aint it?

Not bad actually.

Yeah, plus running Ethanol and 4.10 gears don't help much when I have 2500 RPMs at 60mph. I guess I don't think it's too bad considering some stock 460s only get 8 MPG on gasoline. I think I've finally have things tuned pretty good so I think just below 6 MPG will be the best I can get. Not that it matters because I knew I'd get really low MPG in the first place.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Is it fun to drive?

'CAUSE THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah Buck...the fun factor plays a major role. I'd also like to know the numbers. And I don't consider your mpg's too terribly bad, figure you have a 521 stroker and I have a street 400, and I get 6-7 mpg's out of Red depending on how heavy my foot is.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Gallons per hour.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
You know, I'd also like to know my numbers. I never had a chance to get it on a dyno yet :( . I do know that it gets up to 60 in a hurry. But, I may end up doing that sometime this summer because I'm thinking about pulling the engine out and redoing my rear main seal. I have no idea why it started to leak because I used a good seal and did everything I was supposed to do. It started to leak about a month after I had the engine running. I have room to get the oil pan off and try to replace it without pulling the engine, but I'm hesitant in trying too. Anyone ever done that without pulling the engine?

The other thing I know is that I can't wander too far from a filling station that carries E85 or carry a few extra gallons in back of the truck.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You know, I'd also like to know my numbers. I never had a chance to get it on a dyno yet :( . .

Well get on that Buck...inquiring minds want to know. Kinda expensive though, around here, it's a couple hundred for 3 hours of dyno time.

I'm thinking about pulling the engine out and redoing my rear main seal. I have no idea why it started to leak because I used a good seal and did everything I was supposed to do. It started to leak about a month after I had the engine running. I have room to get the oil pan off and try to replace it without pulling the engine, but I'm hesitant in trying too. Anyone ever done that without pulling the engine? .

Got me man, maybe the seal got crimped or bound up during install? Did you use and silicone on the end cap? Either way...dunno if you can pull the rear main in a 460 with the engine still in the truck. I just did the rear main on the Bronco a couple weekends ago with no issues with the engine still in.

The other thing I know is that I can't wander too far from a filling station that carries E85 or carry a few extra gallons in back of the truck.

That's cuz big boys get thirsty.

Anyone ever done that without pulling the engine?

I've done a bunch of them in different vehicles. It's no big deal. Even if you pulled the engine out you wouldn't completely tear it down just for that right? Whether it's in the truck or on the stand you just have roll the upper piece around the crankshaft.

Buck you have an awesome truck and did a great job on your restoration. But this thread reaffirms my decision for a cummins swap.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts