Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

4x4 headers

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I worked on a pair on an 83 with a 302 and it was no big deal at all. I didn't notice them hanging much lower than the normal pipes.

Ryan

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sanderson makes headers for our trucks which won't hang down as does Hedmann.

I have a 1975 F-250 HighBoy with a 360 FE. I put ceramic coated Hedman Headers on it. They do not hang down too far and have not been a problem while four wheeling. The set I purchased had the thick 3/8 inch flange and thicker 14 gauge tubes, not the thinner 16 gauge. I STRONGLY encourage the ceramic coating. It keeps the underhood temp down and keeps the firewall/floorboard cooler than my original cast-iron exhaust manifolds with duals did. I live in Phoenix, and even in the summer, you can touch the headers within 20 minutes fo shutting it down, but more importantly, they don't serve as heat-sinks that hold all that heat underhood. Good luck.

bigun72

XLT= Xtra Loud Truck
idk wat brand my headers are , but they hang real low.....im thankin about gettin some fender well exit ones , maybe you should look into them...... as u can see mine hang fairly low......anybody ever seen any that low? sorry best pic i have

MassyMuddy007.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Maybe I should have been more clear....Hedman makes headers for the 351M/400 which don't hang down...I don't know the model number, but I have (had) them on my 79 and they do not hang low...Sanderson makes shorty headers for the 351M/400 that are even shorter. There may be more manufacturers that make them, but those are the ones that I know of that will :
1. Fit
2. Not hang down

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I say Sandersons, but I may be slightly biased.

IMG_1957-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

002.jpg

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts