Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

48 Ford F-6 Car hauler photos

22 months...almost 2 years..I averaged about 30 hours a week the whole time. Darn near got divorced over it too

That is fast...but the last part is not good. I have been driving mine a little over two years now. All I have done is mechanical work and replaced some parts. I wish I had the motivation to work on mine that much.

After I got it finished, my wife loves to go places in it. So she's all good with it now.

No, when I went up to the registration desk and paid my entry fee, the guy told me I was not eligible to win because it wasn't an F-1 or an F-100. Technicality Technicality. Still took my money though....Oh well, I don't go to compete......I go to hang out, make a few friends, tell a few lies, and just BS about trucks anyway, so it didn't bother me.

Oh...I didn't know that. Hmm...that is odd. We will have to make a suggestion to the club to change that. There was a link on the website for show suggestions. They have implemented quite a few from last year.

I know that the club does not do the judging or any of that. I attend the show (well I did last year), but the club trucks are not eligible to enter the show. Not that I would. Mine is a driver and looks rough.

You will notice the club trucks do not have the tag thing in the window for the judges.

Next year it will be in area 57 and they will have us all park together. I am looking forward to it (if I get to go) because of the flatter location, more vendors, and the "drive in movie". That should be cool!

I will try to make it again this year too if I can. Like I said, even though they told me I wasn't eligible to win, I still had as much fun as anybody. The only thing I didn't like about the Branson show is the fact that it so hilly and the parking lots are not flat. With a truck that big and heavy, all of the hills, the steep and small parking lots make it a pain in the rear to manuever around. As you may have seen, I unloaded my car off of the truck and my wife and I went all around Branson in that. Contrary to some people's belief, the car I carry around on the back of the truck is NOT a trailer queen either. I just can't drive them both at the same time!

It will be a lot flatter at the show this time. Area 57 is opening behind the hotel (Dick Clarks 57 heaveni is next door) this spring. It is much better down there. I have a clutch (and am not real good with it), plus serious balance problems, so the hills give me trouble too.

You had the white car there? I don't recall seeing it. I will look through my pics again. :)

Yes, the white 34 Dodge Sedan that is parked right behind the truck in one of those pictures is mine too.

We may have been out sight seeing in the car while you were there looking at the truck too. If you are trying to find me at a car show, the best way is to listen for a little white maltese dog that is barking at everything. (My little maltese "Abby" has a real barking problem). If you hear that, just follow the noise, and likely I will be on the end of her leash trying to get her to shut up!!!LOL

I have been looking through my pictures and I can't find what I am looking for. Some friends of mine (here locally) have an old dodge that he drives for his daily (she has an 89 mustang GT convertable) I don't know the bodies at all, but it looks similar to your (to me anyway). I will try to get a pic of it the next time I see him.

Brian,

Do you ever spend any time in Henderson or at Lake Norfork since you live so close, or do you take it for granted like most of us do when we have something in our own back yard?

Yeah...I am guilty. When we first moved up here (81) I was at the lake all the time. Even back in high school I was at the lake a lot.

Now...I rarely go near them.

Its the same with Branson. I used to go up there a lot years ago. Now...rarely. At the show, I parked and stayed there from real early Saturday morning until I left on Sunday. We walked up to a restaurant Saturday afternoon. Saturday night I rode with some of the club members (did not drive my truck-not good with the clutch in branson hills and traffic) to dinner and back. Those was the only times I left the hotel.

I do go to Springfield every so often still. My brother lives up there.

Lake Norfork is such a beautiful place. We go scuba diving there. It isn't as good a going diving in the ocean, but it is the best place around the midwest. Lake Norfork is so so deep too as you know. I have been 120 feet down off of the bluff at Bidwell point, and it is a very spooky there. It is so Cold, dark.....and did I mention cold and dark?

Yeah...I sort of take it all for granted. It is pretty around here. I have never been diving anywhere. Just another thing I can't do with all the health problems. LOL

I get tired of it being a "retirement area". The tourists are ok. I am 41 and probably the youngest person in my entire neighborhood. Well...there are a couple of grandkids living with the grandparents.

I wish I lived somewhere else for that reason.

Of course there is an upside to it being a retirement area for the exact same reasons you described. If you bought your property back in 81, the property values were much lower back then. Will all of these older people retiring there, I know the property values have went way up in the last 10 years or so. You could probably sell your place for a pretty good chunk and go somewhere else more to you liking. I would like to have a small spot there on the water around the lake so I could come and go as I pleased in the summer. It is so darn hard to get a camp site during the summer without getting there in the middle of the week and latching on to it. I would like to be able to decide on a Friday that I wanted to go for the weekend and know I had a place to stay or camp once I got there at any given time. Oh well, that would cost me big bucks for that priviledge.

Sorry I am getting off the subject of Old Ford trucks here. What year was the Ford truck that was on Sanford and Son?

That is probably quite true. Property values have went up steadily. I moved here with my parents. I was 14 at the time. I didn't buy my house until 88. I am in a subdivision in town, unfortunately. Not near the lakes or rivers.

It needs thousands of dollars worth of repairs before it could be sold though. I am still making payments too. Oh well...someday

I have never camped anywhere around here. I did not know they filled up that fast. I see them busy, but never thought about it.

We talk all we want to around here except in the tech forum for the ford techs.

I used to know what year it was. The actual owner of it (documented) joined the other site years ago. No posts in many years though. There are huindreds of them claiming to be...but no proof. This lady had documents from the shows producers (or something like that) proving it was the original red truck they used in the show.

There was another truck in a few episodes too. No clue where that one is.

BTW: You started this thread. If you wanted us to stay on topic...we would not be chatting in here. :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts