Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

454 SBF stroker

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Holy chit...I was about ready to bash the piss outta that stroker...til I realized it was for a 351. That thing can't be too terribly stable, less than 50,000 miles would be my bet...unless you buy a comparable block too.

It's crazy what is available for these motors these days.. unfortunately that kit would really only be reliable in an aftermarket racing block.. I'm thinking the cylinder walls of a production block would be a bit thin with 1/8" carved off them.

yeah, its for a dart aftermarket block.

Not bad figuring tho..just thought id share, really shows what you can do nowadays. 4.250" stroke x 4.125" bore = enough torque to spin the earth in a different direction! lol.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It says at the bottom that ya need to buy an aftermarket block with the cleveland size mains.

Gotcha...didn't scroll that far down the first time around.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
mines not even stroked and it's already a 460, what's this pansy 454 stuff :rofl:

HAHAHHAHA...no replacement for displacement. I like your style. Now take that same money you'd throw in that SB and put it in your BB, and magically your power has probably come close to doubling what the SB coulda done.

small block=lighter

Not dissing the big block at all...but some of those aftermarket 438-446-454 small block combos are pushing around 700hp N/A pump gas.

Its a crap shoot in the end tho...you can make anything faster with a power adder lol. Alot of those stupid insanely fast outlaw 10.5 cars are running twin turboed small blocks in the 2000hp range. So in reality, its just what you want.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben look around on that site they got some mean kits available.

Yeah I was lookin at them...saw some for FE's and 460's...no 335's though. The Kaase strokers looked niiiiiiiiiiiiiice...but then you'd have to drop another couple grand on Kaase heads too.

small block=lighter

Not dissing the big block at all...but some of those aftermarket 438-446-454 small block combos are pushing around 700hp N/A pump gas.

Its a crap shoot in the end tho...you can make anything faster with a power adder lol. Alot of those stupid insanely fast outlaw 10.5 cars are running twin turboed small blocks in the 2000hp range. So in reality, its just what you want.

Yeah I know...I was just ball busting

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
That 445 390 based kit is pretty interestin. They want 1600 for the kit then another 800 or so for the machine work on the block and then all the other stuff. It aint too much more than what we paid for the 410.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
That 445 390 based kit is pretty interestin. They want 1600 for the kit then another 800 or so for the machine work on the block and then all the other stuff. It aint too much more than what we paid for the 410.

wow sounds like a great deal then. you get 35 more cubic inches for bout the same price and cubic inches=power. how much power is your 410 supposed to make ya think?

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Well it says in my book that a stock 410 with 10.5:1 compression and a four bbl autolite carb made 330 hp @ 4600 rpm and 444 ft lbs @ 2800 rpm I figure mines got just a hair more power than that with the 262 cam I got.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts