Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

428 carnage

Crank is fine but was shaved down .020 so we got it re welded back to where it needs to be. Nothin come out of the block it just punched a hole in the pan and made a milkshake of coolant and oil. The old chevy was an 85 c20 with a 350 "heavy duty" motor. we sold it awhile back cause it we didnt need three trucks. It was a good old pickup even if it was a chevy and it only had 87000 miles on it.

I know it's blasphemy to talk about owning a chevy here, but if I ever was gonna own one it would have to be the old school ones from the early to late '70 models. Those rigs were built to last.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
It was fun for the three days I got to drive the thing. We got it and it had headers that wasnt welded so we took it to a shop and they warped so they found some manifolds and put em on and we had to wait two weeks and 700 dollars later we got it back. Three days after that this happens. I dont care for chevys cause theyre a bugger to work on.

I dont care for chevys cause theyre a bugger to work on.

I actually did own a chevy for a short time. Bought a Frankenstein (pieced together) for $1500 off some dude who didn't know what he had (or maybe he did?) Either way, it was worth it for the 6" skyjacker lift and 33" mudders. Put a lotta work into her but ended up knockin a few teeth off the ring gear after a bout with some sand dunes. Swapped axles and while they were off welded 8" blocks with gussets and then slapped on some 40" Ground Hawgs.

She was ridin' high for sure but damn that thing had to have a stiff wind at her back and run downhill for a time to make any kind of incline lol. When I sold her for $2k, a bow, and a .38 special, the guy tore the engine apart and said it was a 305 and not a 350 lol. Ooops.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I actually did own a chevy for a short time. Bought a Frankenstein (pieced together) for $1500 off some dude who didn't know what he had (or maybe he did?) Either way, it was worth it for the 6" skyjacker lift and 33" mudders. Put a lotta work into her but ended up knockin a few teeth off the ring gear after a bout with some sand dunes. Swapped axles and while they were off welded 8" blocks with gussets and then slapped on some 40" Ground Hawgs.

She was ridin' high for sure but damn that thing had to have a stiff wind at her back and run downhill for a time to make any kind of incline lol. When I sold her for $2k, a bow, and a .38 special, the guy tore the engine apart and said it was a 305 and not a 350 lol. Ooops.

Well I see you came to your senses and got a bad ass Ford Tex :D

Well I see you came to your senses and got a bad ass Ford Tex :D

Haha I actually had the chevy as proof to my chevy buddies who said chevys were better than fords in terms of longevity and repair - I showed them that they're just as much work as fords or anything else for that matter.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts