Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

4.9 question

jager420

gotta love an old ford
would putting an eldelbroch super charger on an 89 4.9 straight 6 be a a bad idea? I want personal opinions , I'm trying to get the maximum amount of power out of it

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Are you just putting this on an all stock engine? Personally I wouldn't.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
all stock engine??? hahaah you'll be lucky to get 10 miles down the road...

you need all forged internals, or else you'll pop something..

if you do anything, twin turbo the I6 after you throw all forged internals in it..

and there are a couple of other issues you'll run into..

Computer, you have SD if its still stock, wont allow you to run a supercharger and run it well. you need bigger injectors which a SD computer wont allow, you'll need MAF which is tough on a I6. why not just get a good cam, basic rebuild kit, a aftermarket head or have yours rebuilt and go with that... I6's arent gonna win races without dumping lots of money into em..

your wanting fast and powerful, go 351W, more torque than a I6 and just about as low RPM's and higher Revs with more HP than a I6 or 302, and still right around the same gas mileage.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
all stock engine??? hahaah you'll be lucky to get 10 miles down the road...

you need all forged internals, or else you'll pop something..

if you do anything, twin turbo the I6 after you throw all forged internals in it..

and there are a couple of other issues you'll run into..

Computer, you have SD if its still stock, wont allow you to run a supercharger and run it well. you need bigger injectors which a SD computer wont allow, you'll need MAF which is tough on a I6. why not just get a good cam, basic rebuild kit, a aftermarket head or have yours rebuilt and go with that... I6's arent gonna win races without dumping lots of money into em..

your wanting fast and powerful, go 351W, more torque than a I6 and just about as low RPM's and higher Revs with more HP than a I6 or 302, and still right around the same gas mileage.

he doesnt need forged..
all engines can handle some low boost.

if he is gonna push 10 psi + then he would have to upgrade

he just needs bigger injectors and a dyno tune.. LOW BOOST! im talking 5-6 PSI

i saw a turbo 4.9 turbo make 350Hp on the "other forum"

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
yup... and i think the block will explode way before the internals fail

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts