Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

3rd gen '59

Fellro

Staff member
Dang you're hard to get a rise out of!!!smilieneenar
That because you are dealing with a professional here..

Wondered if you might wander this way... good to see you around somewhere still.

Canyonaro

One Amazing Rack
Why yes I am a professional

I miss over there but the reasoning Gods were against me. But I like being able to be "me" over here. I am sure I will get spanked here pretty soon. You know me.

Your a professional? check into the Bronco 2 gas tank swap, they fit where the spare tire goes on trucks like mine and i think the frame width is about the same as your year of truck. 34 inches is what mine is. the filler neck comes out in the bed floor, easy to make a door for it.
:spank: here's you spanking!smilieneenar

Fellro

Staff member
Why yes I am a professional

I miss over there but the reasoning Gods were against me. But I like being able to be "me" over here. I am sure I will get spanked here pretty soon. You know me.

I fully understand and applaud you decision and reasoning. I also think you made a great choice in coming here, as you are definitely allowed to be yourself here. I think you will find it to be an improvement actually.

And by the way, great project. There are many ways the under bed tank can be achieved. I have heard often about the Mustang tanks, as they are similar in layout. I have one from a 76 if you need measurements. The one thing about them is that they are not much for capacity, but perhaps that is not really an issue for your wants and needs. Another consideration depending on how you want it all to turn out is to relocate it to a tank under a tool box in the bed. I have seen flush mount boxes with them, as well as the ones that hang over the rails.

Canyonaro

One Amazing Rack
thanks! You guys from my other world know how much i love you, now I have more that need my love...lol

I think I would like to go with something in the bed. Capacity is an issue as I don't want to be at gas station everyday.
Something I need to get input on is a seat. The original one that is in there is springs of rust and foam dust on the floor. So I am chucking it. I am not sure about what to put in. Should I go with an original or is there an aftermarket that y'all have seen that looks nice. I am not picky. (my 63 panel had a tree stump for a seat for 12 years. I had to put something there) Bench? bucket? 60/40 throw me some ideas so I can get my journal going.

Fellro

Staff member
Well, it comes down to what you want. I have an aftermarket seat set that is essentially a couple buckets and a center fill in seat/console between the seats. It folds up to be a seat, or down to be a console. You could put a later bench seat in, a pair of buckets, or a later 60/40 split, all are good options. I had 90 Silverado with a 60/40 split, very comfortable seats. If you were to look for a bench seat like that, make sure that it is the better seat, they had two styles, flat back and full back, the full back seats are much better.

I say buckets w/ center console for seats. If you find that a b2 or 'stang tank fits you might look into a repo w/ extended capasity...

Canyonaro

One Amazing Rack
so throw me some years that have seats that will fit. That way I can get with the salvage yard and maybe go take a look a sit and get some ideas.

Fellro

Staff member
Generally, seats are easy to fit. You might have to drill a few holes, maybe cut some pipe for spacers, or if you really feel creative, build a frame to put them on that then bolts to the floor. The seats in my 86 are bolted to a square tube frame which then extends across the cab, using the factory mounts to bolt to. The seats and center console/seat also bolts to this frame.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
lets see I have cute ears....kissable lips and bedroom eyes so will def have to consider the tank move. I had never thought of that. I wonder if it is a difficult change?

Well all these guys will be drooling pools.....:rofl:

Canyonaro

One Amazing Rack
Of course!

back to seats......give me three years of truck seats that would fit with center fold down. I want something with headrests. (please Aaron dont say your lap)

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Mellisa,I found my seat out of a 90 F150 Lariat with center arm rest.I just changed the seat tracks from my 74 seat to the new seat

Mellisa,I found my seat out of a 90 F150 Lariat with center arm rest.I just changed the seat tracks from my 74 seat to the new seat

Nice Cliff, thats the seat I have. :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts