Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

360/390/428 Expert please

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
It says
It will work on
Make FORD
Engine Type V8
Engine Size 5.9L/360
Liter 5.9
CID 360
Beginning Year 1968
Ending Year 1976
Engine Family Ford big block FE
Camshaft Usage Street
So I think you should be ok Cliff..

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
whats the difference between the 428 police interceptor and a regular 428?

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I'm hoping to make my 360 to run stronger Now all I need is tfind some older heads

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well older heads might flow better but I don't know what heads only would really do Cliff.
I say cam it and do a straight timing and those might help bring out some power.
Now what you could do with the heads Cliff is grind off the smog bumps in the head exhaust ports that could help it flow a bit.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Well older heads might flow better but I don't know what heads only would really do Cliff.
I say cam it and do a straight timing and those might help bring out some power.
Now what you could do with the heads Cliff is grind off the smog bumps in the head exhaust ports that could help it flow a bit.

That is a good tip if I can't find any older 390 heads.I was told they would help raise compression but I am not sure.

that cam looks good besides the advertised duration. i dont know how melling does theirs though. and a 107 lobe seperation is quite tight... id look for 110-112 for a smoother idle and broader torque curve.

Ford Truck Articles