Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

351 Vs 352 questions

So a 390 wont bolt up to a c6....
What trans did they use behind the 390s and 428s.

The 390 from my dads 63 Tbird (youve seen the photos, i can post them up) is mated to a C4, and should bolt to a C6.

Hmm Thanks allot guys expect Tony i'm mad at you right now and think you should be hit with some thing blunt..
But any ways thanks guys, I think i'll keep hunting for a 351 winne, I've beenn looking for parts for the 352 and I can't hardly find any thing at all..
Doesn't seem that any one makes any stroker kits or even rebuild kits besides I want some thing I can bolt up to a Aod :D

Find and Old C4 bell housing and put it on the AOD... smilieneenar :rofl:

Sorry about the triple post, but I had to... smilietease

Gay%20Thread%20congrats.jpg

Well come on give me a break i'm still learning this stuff.
I didn't know you could do that?

Yes, modern transmissions have connected bell housings. I am not sure about the AOD since its old, but not that old, if you know what I mean. My dad wants to take the bellhousing off of that C4 and adapt it to a modern 6 speed automatic, adapters and such can be made.

A C4 Transmission:

DSC02529.jpg

Mine is really obvious though because the tranny is red while the bellhousing is blue. :p

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I would take it the said if I want it I can pretty much just haul it off.
But they don't make any good stroker kits or heck even rebuild kits.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I would take it the said if I want it I can pretty much just haul it off.
But they don't make any good stroker kits or heck even rebuild kits.

It's the same block as the 390, you've got some options, you can make it a 360, or a 390, even a stroker motor, send it out to me i'll take it one more won't hurt.

It's the same block as the 390, you've got some options, you can make it a 360, or a 390, even a stroker motor, send it out to me i'll take it one more won't hurt.

You could probably use a 390 rebuild kit, and 390 stroker stuff. I just wish I knew more... :p

I really like this idea tho. Very, very, original.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Ya you know I could but I might run in to allot of issue with things fitting and blah blah and really would rather just deal with some thing that I know I won't have any issues with.

Ya you know I could but I might run in to allot of issue with things fitting and blah blah and really would rather just deal with some thing that I know I won't have any issues with.

I really dont think it would be that big of a deal to tell you the truth, Im sure it mounts in the same as any other FE motor, and you could probably put 390 internals in it. I wish there were more sources on this, but I would love to see a write up if you did it.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I have always been a big fan of the FE series engines. I had a 65 Ford with a 352 in it. Later I built a hot 390 for it. I've had several other trucks with 390's and a galaxy with a 410 FE out of a mercury parklane. What a tire burner that was. :D

Ford Truck Articles