Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

351 Rebuild Advise

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Bob,

Paul has you pretty well covered, but since you said you want to pull a 5th Wheel & ATV's how much does your trailer weigh when loaded? This will effect how well your truck responds, and can effect axle gearing decisions.

Also would add a good set of gauges, trans temp, coolant, oil temp & pressure at a minimum.

I don't think you could go wrong with a B&M or Transgo kit, Summit has those and a few more.

Bob

Post Whore in Training
So, I now have everything in hand except for the heads. When I went to pick those up, they were the GT40P heads. (So sayeth the stamp and the four bars was a dead giveaway.) So, I'm still looking for a set of heads.

I found some on RockAuto.com, part #H3195

(MARSHALL Part # H3195 More Info {Remanufactured}
CAST# F3ZE, F1ZE, HAS 3 BARS ON FRT OF HD WITH 1/2" HD BOLT HOLES. W/O THERMAL EMMISSION HOLES IN HEAD
* Non-stock item--shipping delayed up to 7 business days)

Sounds like the GT40 heads to me. Anyone know if these truly are the GT40 heads, and if so, how pissy is RockAuto going to be since I won't be able to return my current heads as a core?

Also, rather than dicking around getting the crank machined and new bearings to match, I found a crank kit that has already been machined and comes with the matching bearings, just return the old crank for core charge. I'm going that route, will run me about $40 cheaper.

I found some on RockAuto.com, part #H3195

(MARSHALL Part # H3195 More Info {Remanufactured}
CAST# F3ZE, F1ZE, HAS 3 BARS ON FRT OF HD WITH 1/2" HD BOLT HOLES. W/O THERMAL EMMISSION HOLES IN HEAD
* Non-stock item--shipping delayed up to 7 business days)

3 bars is the GT40 head, and the F3ZE has slightly smaller combustion chambers.

2349350691_b48f448e3d.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts