Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

33"s are on!!!

Are the spring rates the same on a Bronco as a pickup? If not and I doubt it is since the vehicles while similar are built for different purposes, that falls under the heading of cobbled together......like my sentence here is.

Are the spring rates the same on a Bronco as a pickup? If not and I doubt it is since the vehicles while similar are built for different purposes, that falls under the heading of cobbled together.

The spring rate point is moot since it's just an AAL and the parts for springs overlap between the F-150 and Bronco and in AALs the entire F-Series between 1973 and 1997. Though, the 2WD and 4x4 are different widths, something that a glance at Broncograveyard.com that I did not find out.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I actually swapped over my 2wd to the wider 3" 4wd springs.

They're still installed and I doubt they're going anywhere. If for no other reason, I don't feel like tearing it down and taking them out. The reason I put them in is because one of the shackle bolts was rubbing my shackle hanger without the AAL. I gave it more spring and it pulled the shackle away from the hanger enough to get rid of the rub.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts