Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

302 rebuild

wildpony1986

Georgia Chapter member
Senoia
hi guys im in the process of rebuilding the 302 in my 77 f-100...i was just wondering what advice or sugesstions on what i should do to make my trucks motor the best it can be:beer:

wildpony1986

Georgia Chapter member
Senoia
ok i have an edelbrock 289 series 4bbl intake long tube headers...and a 600 cfm edelbock carb...and i do plan on port and polishing the heads....sound like a good start?

wildpony1986

Georgia Chapter member
Senoia
i dont think i will have the money for a 347...although i WOULD LOVE TO...LOL

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Smaller venturis on a smaller 4bbl are going to have better velocity and better atomization.

wildpony1986

Georgia Chapter member
Senoia
ok have an update on the rebuild...i have stripped the block...its still good but needs a good honeing..the pistons are shot and all the bearings are s!@#..and something hit the cam and chipped a lobe so now its got to...so i think only the block, crank, and rods are reuseable

wildpony1986

Georgia Chapter member
Senoia
Latest update is that as soon as the distributor comes in from summit the motor will be done and will be going back in and to anyone who has read my other thread I'm not goin to do the stack pipes..I did a mock up and they didn't look right so I'm just gonna do true duel exhaust...will give pics when done with it

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing the finished product

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Sounds good chief. I'm a wantin me some pics! :D

wildpony1986

Georgia Chapter member
Senoia
Also I'm making it 4wd as soon as my tranny is done being built

wildpony1986

Georgia Chapter member
Senoia
smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo Also I'm making it 4wd as soon as my tranny is done being built

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts