Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

300 l6 Radiator Conversion, and a few other questions

Looking to convert my radiator to something a tad bit bigger. I have the stock dinky *** one in there currently and am having heat issues going up some big hills here in arizona. Otherwise its usually on the N or O of \ NORMAL /

My question is, what year radiator and hoses will i need? and pros and cons of the swap?

Getting ready to do a few things to my beauty:
Clutch
Front drive shaft
oil pan gasket
rear main seal

Barely drips any oil but it does from time to time kinda a hit and miss, as well as HIGH oil pressure for about 5 minutes after start up, even when the engine is warm, or this may happen after starting at a stoplight. Also my oil pressure may drop randomly, but most of the time its dead center. I am running 20-50 castrol GTX(not high miliage) and change it regularly. Could this be due to a bad seal on the oil pan?

Also for another note, just took the valve cover off to do the gasket and the underside of the valve cover looked to be in amazing condidion along with everything else.

Thanks in advance,
Bowhunter

3k23oc3l05y05q15p5b58ba.jpg

3n03m03o45y15x65r1b588a.jpg

3n53k83m15z05q25p2b58cb.jpg

pros and cons of the swap?
How many rows are in the core you got now?
Maybe you can just go up to a 4 core or something like that?
Haven't seen it, just read, where the radiator support has a
smaller hole in it for the 6 bangers.
(you done knowed that already right?:)

Where you at?
Fill out your $#!& ;) -------------------------------------------------------------------^

Alvin in AZ

lol i will i will, im in camp verde, middle of f****** no where bud!

Its currently a small 1 row, the dinky stock ones they shipped with, well mine atleast, its probably 1.5ft by 2 ft.

As far as what i wanna put into it, 2+ Core radiator. currently has a small 1 core and i mean SMALL. i know there is some saw-zawing required to clear some stuff out so it gets full air flow when you put a bigger one into it but im prepared with a fully charged saw ;)

cool I recognize that truck from craigslist. Gonna keep it? as to the radiator would think that any v8 one would be an easy swap. Most of them are 3 row.

Hell yeah im gonna keep it, It was on craigslist for a while, i picked it up for 1700 and have done a TON of work to it. I found one on rock auto 2 core full size for 180, gonna go with that or i found one on flagstaff craigslist for 125 a ready rad from summit racing which i will probably go with instead cause its NIB. where about do you live john?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts