Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2023 F350

What the hell is Ford thinking with the automatic think-for-you-shit? Do these engineers not drive on country roads, off-the-beaten-path tracks, explore the outdoors? I really get the need for safety but use a seatbelt and auto door locks while on a dirt two-track or taking my garbage down to the community trash dumpster. What a monumental PITA!

So, I am following the instructions in the so-called "Owners Manuel", what a joke this almost worthless read is, to disable some of these features. I follow the instructions to disable the seatbelt buzzer to the tee; it will not do the trick. The dealer refuses to do it. I cannot find directions to disable the automatic headlights as the manuel has no section on the vehicles lighting system. I cannot disable the automatic door locks as the manuel has no section on door locks. The manuel does speak about programmed keys and I did read where one has to disable this feature to disable the others. I do not know where to start at this point. Any ideas? I do hope this thread re-boots some activity on this site.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Hello.
For the seat belt chime, there should be a plug underneath the seat that you can unplug. At least that’s what you could do in the past.

Auto headlights are something that some will just cover the sensor, so basically making it full time DRL’s, except ALL the lights will be on!

I’m not 100% sure if you’re able to replace the headlight switch with a factory one that doesn’t have the auto feature. I do know you could do that in the past.

Thanks Roy,
Funny, My son suggested just yesterday that I might have to wait a bit longer until Ford publishes a more complete DM. That this has been the "new normal" for a few years now. While I maintain brand loyalty to the end, that daily aggravation is not proving Ford loves me as much as they used to.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts