Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2009?

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
are those Gen 10 bed longer then the Gen 8-9 longbed?? my ex truck the F250 longbed looks shorter

IMGP0006.jpg

look at the space between the cabin and the rear tire..

I believe it's because the axle sits farther back on the newer trucks than on the 68-96 trucks.Look at the space between the wheel and the back of slmann's old truck,and then look at the space between your wheel,and the back of your truck.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I believe it's because the axle sits farther back on the newer trucks than on the 68-96 trucks.Look at the space between the wheel and the back of slmann's old truck,and then look at the space between your wheel,and the back of your truck.

smilieIagreesmiliewhathesaid

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I haven't liked the new Ford trucks since the 1996 F-Series and the 1997 F250 HD.I'm just now getting used to the 97-2003 body style.I highly doubt i'll ever get used to the 04-present.I think they look like a plastic box.The trucks just don't have the styling like the older ones.Besides,the grilles are so huge,that it makes the truck look like it has buck teeth.JMO though.I can tolerate the 3/4 ton and up trucks,but it's only a matter of time before I dislike their design too.I wish Ford would make a nicer truck that didn't cost 4 times more than my F100 did new.

Good news though,I priced a Ranger the other day for 14,000 dollars.XL everything.If I get a new truck,it'll be a Ranger.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
People say I have blind brand loyalty, but thats not true, I've liked many a dodge and Chevy trucks in the past..
But the Ford truck designs have all ways appealed to me some more then others but I can't say I think Ford has ever made a ugly truck.

I think the Nissan Cube looks better than the new F150s.....

Wow.... :p:

The truck I priced out is very similar to the equipment of my truck when it was new. That truck had an MSRP of $32,230, and my truck was out the door for $13100. So 2.5x the price?

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
People say I have blind brand loyalty, but thats not true, I've liked many a dodge and Chevy trucks in the past..
But the Ford truck designs have all ways appealed to me some more then others but I can't say I think Ford has ever made a ugly truck.

I agree with most of that,however I still think that Ford's older trucks look ALOT better than the new ones.They weren't overdone like the new ones.

People try to say I'm brand loyal to Ford,but I wouldn't have one problem driving a Chevy or a Dodge,or even owning one.I was raised around Ford trucks,and that's all my family has ever had.Which is why I prefer them over the other brands.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts