Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2004 6.0L Leak

I have a 2004 F-250 with a 6.0L Diesel. I have a leak that is dripping down the back of the motor and dripping to the ground on the right side of the truck. The fluid feels oily and it does not smell like coolant or diesel. I have considered it might be the ICP sensor however, the fluid is clear. The power steering fluid was slightly low, but I topped it off and it does not seem to have gone down again, not to mention I don't know what in the power steering system would be leaking down the back of the motor. Any thoughts?

blacksnapon

Staff member
I have a 2004 F-250 with a 6.0L Diesel. I have a leak that is dripping down the back of the motor and dripping to the ground on the right side of the truck. The fluid feels oily and it does not smell like coolant or diesel. I have considered it might be the ICP sensor however, the fluid is clear. The power steering fluid was slightly low, but I topped it off and it does not seem to have gone down again, not to mention I don't know what in the power steering system would be leaking down the back of the motor. Any thoughts?
That is usually where the anti freeze from the egr cooler hose will show when it decides to leak. Look straight down on the passenger side of the turbo. That hose will either be blue or orange. Orange is the original hose color, blue is a replacement.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts