Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2003 F350 Winch bumpers

Hello all,

I'm wanting to put a winch bumper on my 2003 F350 6.0 DWR. Looking at Ranch Hand and ARB. Any one have any experience with these? If so how well do they hold up to a deer strike and how heavy duty a winch should I get? I'm thinking at leat 12,000 lbs on the winch. Got myself stuck in the mud a week ago while out cutting fire wood. A winch would have come in handy instead of me having manually lift up the back end by the trailer hitch. My back is still sore. Hell with a winch I could have pulled the timber off the pile and to the road and avoided the whole mess!:headbang:

We just added a BUCKSTOP bumper to a GMC 2500 pickup. I don't think you could find a more beefer bumper this side of a Humvee. A little expensive but we were well pleased with how easy it mounted. They send instructions that are good with it. Three guys held it in place while we placed the bolts in.

We have a Warn 12,000 Dual Force winch mounted in it. Plenty of pictures at buckstop.biz.

Grey14_l.jpg

*drool*

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You might want to look at this sight. The company is out of Texas and I have seen a lot of trucks in the Oklahoma/Texas area running these bumpers.
www.ranchhand.com/:rolleyes:

Yeah I've known of ranchhand bumpers since I was knee high to a short frog... they're always gonna be awesome to me. But man do they cost $$$ lol then again all custom bumpers do unless you can fab your own.

Yea, I know they are costly but I think they are neat and will blow peoples minds here in Central Ohio. I will have to think about them during the next year. They also have nice rear bumpers with added back-up lights to enable old farts like me to see when I back up at night. Oh well tough getting old.:blah:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts