Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2002 7.3 f250 white smoke

I just bought a 2002 f250 7.3. and it has a white smoke issue. i was told when i bought it, it had a bad injector...... that being said i got a really good deal on it... So i started it up and it has a steady cloud of white smoke from the exhaust and stinks real bad like raw fuel. and i also noticed a puddle off on top of the motor???? What could be the smoking issue?

Any help would be great

Thanks

blacksnapon

Staff member
I just bought a 2002 f250 7.3. and it has a white smoke issue. i was told when i bought it, it had a bad injector...... that being said i got a really good deal on it... So i started it up and it has a steady cloud of white smoke from the exhaust and stinks real bad like raw fuel. and i also noticed a puddle off on top of the motor???? What could be the smoking issue?

Any help would be great

Thanks
Yeah, a defective injector can definately do that.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
If you have a injector thats stuck open or just leaks you'll get the white smoke, the truck will ususally run rough and probably knock alittle..

my dads got a '01 powerstroke and his injector went out and the truck barely ran. we were told one down it runs really rough two down it wont though. there not to bad to replace but make sure you clean all the oil out of the cylinder before you crank it.

Does that puddle smell like diesel? That would be a concern!!!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts