Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2001 super duty doors

I posted this issue in the wrong gen.group.heres my question.I recently bought a 2001 F-350 super duty custom 4x4 dump truck. The door bottoms are rusted out. I found a nice pair of doors from a 2001 SD F350 with power windows and locks. I'm told ford trucks are pre wired from ford and I should be able to make the up grade without too much trouble.It should be a plug and go.Do any of you ford guys know if this is fact or not. It sure would be nice. Thanks for your help. George

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
That is a tough one, but you should be able to pull the wire loom (or covers if you dont have any wires in your doors) and look in the body and see if it i wired.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
from another site

"The wiring is not there, the harness you need...is one big $$$ harness, it runs from the fuse box and to the RKE module(if the truck has RKE) under the dash, down the drivers side floor, behind the seats and then to each door, it has the wires for: Dome lights, Door Ajar switches, speakers, third break light, power seats, seat belt reminder, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, and if you have a 03 or newer it has the marker and turn signal for the mirrors too.

I did a 06 reg cab a few years back. I used a donor harness and I ran the wires I was missing behind the dash to the pass side and spliced the existing harness in to the donor(with heat shrink connections). So all fuses and such work as they should and the wire colors are correct. I just did'nt feel like gutting the entire cab to remove the old harness and install the new one.

The donor truck also provided the window motors, power lock actuators, switches, door panels and the RKE module. "

Door wiring super duty

Thanks for the advise,I will further investigate.You did hit me going in the right direction. Luckily I have I believe most if not all the doner trucks harness.The doo,rs are complete with all the lift motors and locks,speakers and marker lites in place.The ball is on my side of the net Ill see what it will take to make it happen. george

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Glad i could help, keep us in the look on your project, id like to hear the outcome of how it works. Its always nice to have up fitting mods stored in your memory banks :)

Ford Truck Articles