Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2 barrel autolite questions

I have a 67 F250 with a 73 360 swapped in. It has the original 2 barrel autolite 2100 which I'm going to rebuild in a couple days and just had a couple questions.
First off there is a plunger lookin thing on top rear(see pictures) that Doesn't seem to be attached to anything and I'm very curious what it does and if it is supposed to have attached linkage or not?
Second, the dash pot I believe it's called, is doing no good at all I think. I'm not really sure where that is supposed to be adjusted to?
And lastly, how many turns out do the mixture screws generally need to be?
Any other tips or tricks on rebuilding or tuning the carb would also be greatly appreciated. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399866653.599126.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399866677.400215.jpg

1993 F250 3k in the 460-my 1st truck
1973 K20 6" lift-bright future
1967 F250 2x4-diesel swap in its future

Chances are the throttle bushings are toast and only carb rebuilders have the tools, equip and access to parts.

Mixture screws can be initially set to 1 1/2 turns from all the
way in. Only fine tuning with engine running will work

That could be the accelerator pump on the carb sticking out.
I may have a illustration of the 2100.

Last edited:

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
I believe what your arrow is pointing to is a choke pull off. At startup, when the choke is fully shut, the choke pull off opens it up slightly to keep the engine from flooding and dying.

Been to long though :rofl2: my head is full of chevy tbi stuff currently :headbang:

Thanks for the responses guys I rebuilt it and its better but it needs a new carb for sure. I think I'm just gonna park it til the 12v swap.

1993 F250 3k in the 460-my 1st truck
1973 K20 6" lift-bright future
1967 F250 2x4-diesel swap in its future

The choke linkage is on the other side. As Dennis said, That's looks like the accelerator pump and needs to be connected. Replacing the throttle bushings makes a huge difference.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Looks like the choke pull-off diaphragm(early model)

"There are a few things to remember about the 2100. Carburetor identification tags weren’t used
until 1965. The most significant improvements in the 2100 came in 1964—accelerator pump, choke
unloading system (choke piston set-up), and National pipe threads at the fuel line inlet. More
changes came in 1966 with the deletion of the brass fuel bowl vent tubes. In 1970, a choke
unloader diaphragm appeared in the air horn as a means to improved cold engine emissions
performance."

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts