Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1997 F150 Heater Core

So the heater core went out in my 97 F150 just when it started getting cold out!!!!

YAY!!!

So does anyone have a writeup on how to do this or a shop manual procedure... I don't want to go into this totally blind...

Also would like to give ford the finger for making the lines with those stupid ends on them...

blacksnapon

Staff member
Also would like to give ford the finger for making the lines with those stupid ends on them...
That guarantees a return customer!'hah' They have to bring 'em to us!

OMG... this is gonna be SO MUCH FUN!!!!

OEM core and the two hoses was only $130... and my labor is free so I'm doing ok...

I really appreciate the pics man!

But I'm still very confused lol.... are those pics from after the entire dash is pulled out??

Also do you have discharge the ac??

Wow... f my life...

Good thing the ac is inop on the truck... hopefully it is empty too!!! lol...

So now where is the dash pulling procedure? :D

Also, what is the book time on this job, 10-14 hours??

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Pulled mine without discharging the a/c, pulled dash free but not out and held it with a strap to the back of the seat. did it in about 8 hours. If you get into it and want some help pm me for my cell.

Will do!!

I know my way around a set of wrenches but going into dashes always scares me a wee bit.... but I'm doing a heater blend door in a 97 Mark VIII, did the last one in 1.5 hours... look up the book time on that job :D

Just hate going into dashes... period!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
just handle your airbag with care.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
passenger side well actually both cause you will have to drop the steering wheel

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
LOL I hear ya I HAD to do mine cause it was foggin up the window so bad with antifreeze that I couldn't stand the smell or see ou the window

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Since your AC doesn't work keep those bypass lines for the summer driving. I made a bypass outta my old core so in the summer I don't have that extremely hot air coming in the cab.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts