Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1996 exhaust 4 from turbo back can it be done?

I was wondering if its possible to go 4" from turbo back on my 1996 f350 7.3 I recently looked under my truck and seen that the down pipe that comes from turbo is almost flat looking . this is what brings me to my question whether 4" pipe is possible ?smilieFordlogo

Hey Andy thanks for the reply you too flareside . Andy let me ask you this I was just told today by exhaust place I called that it couldn't be done do to lack of space and that if I would look underneath my truck I would see where the down pipe is almost flat . Well I looked and indeed it is and this person over the phone said perhaps a 3" from turbo back would fit but only if he would bang in the fire wall some and still once done he said I could hear from time to time like a rattle noise or vibration something to that affect . So could you tell me how they did yours and does your truck have a lift that perhaps it clears it .

Mine is a super duty but was horrible to fit and did it while gearbox was out. I just checked riffraff and they don't list a 4" down pipe for your truck so maybe you can't? Check out powerstrokenation.com, very good forum for 7.3 performance and has a great 94-97 population.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts