Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1994 Ford F-350 Truck Build

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Tyler you're exactly right. Much easier to see the details in the pic on my computer rather than my iPhone screen 'smiliedoh' That is the low pressure power steering hose that runs down to a coil of steel hose for cooling the power steering fluid. That's that leaky hose next to the oil filter-- PS fluid.

I hear ya on the iphone thing, don't have one... but I'v played with my friends Ipod. I can't even type on them. :rofl:

I gotta wonder if that "ringing" noise he's hearing might be from the power steering being a little bit low on fluid, also?

It probably wouldn't hurt to give it a once over whenever you get the chance and check ALL the fluids. (Oil, trans, power steering, radiator, and whatever else has a dipstick/place to check the level :beer:)

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
Forgot to say where I was going to put amps. I'm going to build a wall on the back wall of the cab behind the back seat. Plan is to glue, somehow, a piece of carpeted or sueded, depending on what I do with the cab, MDF and mount them to that. Might do some lighting behind the amps like I'm doing in the civic, if I wanna get crazy but not sure yet.

Also in thinking, depending on the box size for the sub, I may switch to the Pioneer Champion Series Pro TS-SW3002S2 12" sub. This is just a regular sized sub, not a shallow mount. The specs are .5cuft to 1.0cuft. I may add a second Pioneer GM-D8500M Mono 600 Watt amp to run both sides of the sub. It's a dual voice coil sub. This will give me 1200 total watts of power for the sub, and the normal power handling is 1000, max 3500. So I should be fine. But again I need to figure this stuff out and I'll address that when it's time.

Alot better plan than i have my xtnd cab, im going to ratchet strap a sub to the bottom part of my rear seat.

larrylass

New Jersey Chapter member
Welcome The leaking hose i would replace. it goes to the trans cooler. nice truck man!!. i have a 1988 f350 dually that im doing a new motor with comps XE 256-14 cam for better MPG and a new 1200 stall convertor from hughes and a set of Doug Thorley LT`s. also redoing the fuel and exhaust systems. I would get up under that truck of yours and get a whole bunch of purple power cleaner and a power washer and degrease and clean the heck out of that truck. Next get some POR 15 and rustproof that underbody real good. The paint and interior would come last. Just make sure your truck is mechanically sound and protect your investment by rust proofing it. Once the under carriage is cleaned you will be able to find any leaks very easily. Good luck with your truck it just takes time and money to make it right BTW i used to live in Paradise ,CA

BigLar

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Why can't I see the new posts being made in this thread?

EDIT: Now they showed up. I hate when that happens.

Last edited:
Wow lots of great suggestions. I'm noting as I go along and will address everything. I appreciate, more than you guys know, all the help. Thanks a bunch.

On a different note, got the wheels mounted up today.

First issue I'm seeing is that the hub had to go through the center. I figured on that. I'm going to need to paint it though, cause well, it's rusty and ugly. I don't mind the fronts, too much, because the chrome goes well with the rest of the rim. My only concern with painting the rears is the unbalanced look. I'm going to paint them black, unless there's a chrome paint out there that I don't know about. But here are the pics of what I'm talking about.

Rear

Front

The whole side.

The hieght is pretty good right now. I'm second guessing a 4" lift but I'll address that later on in a couple years when I got the money to do it. The tires are used and worn but they're 35x12.5x16. I also don't seem to have any problems with rubbing at all.

The other thing is that with the other wheels on the truck, I seemed to have some really bad and loose steering, and now it feels way different. Feels a little tighter and not so much movement while driving. Don't know if that's the difference between the at tires and muds or what, but I feel safer with it. I'm still doing the steering stabilizers at some point, just not so rushed now to worry about it.

BTW, I am more worried about mechanics right now and getting a solid clean well running and operating vehicle before I worry about any cosmetics. I'll worry about those when all the other stuff is all good. I am going to go through everything and change all fluids and make all that stuff new so I don't have to worry about it. I'm also gonna make a log, besides here, of what I do so I can refer to it if there are any issues or if I sell it, which proabably won't ever happen, I can hand that to the next owner and they can see it was well taken care of.

That's all for now! Again thanks for the warm welcome and feedback.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Welcome . Good luck with truck .. Leaks r common on truck this old. Repair em when you can.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Wheels look good. They didn't come with hub caps to cover those rear hubs? My brother's did...

And you've got auto hubs on the front? 'smiliedoh' I'd make it one of your top priorities to change those out for some Warn manual hubs. My autos left me stranded in the Sierras during a NASTY snow storm. Paid $350 to get towed a few miles then another $150 for junky chains at the summit. Not fun.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
The pics finally loaded . Those r stock Westcoast type mirrors . The other are paddle type . They both sit about same spot on door the west one do stick outr further tho.

The whining is probably the steering pump . Another common issue.

soo many issues so little time. I'll get it all figured out.

The auto 4wd, is not much of an issue. I don't hardly ever go where I'd need it. So it's just there. The cap for the rims don't fit cause they are about 1" or so longer than then rim actually is. I'll paint it and I think it'll be fine for now.

I'll see what I can do about the mirrors. Probably just gonna take some getting used to.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
The pics finally loaded . Those r stock Westcoast type mirrors . The other are paddle type . They both sit about same spot on door the west one do stick outr further tho.

The whining is probably the steering pump . Another common issue.

Those mirrors will "flip" in, too. Hard to describe, and they look goofy as heck, but it will move 'em in.

I like them set the way you have them, though...but I'd find a truck stop and pick up a small clamp-on convex mirror for each side.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
The interior parts r trivial . Well front parts any way. My local u pull just got a 93 dark gray interior truck in.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
hey what wire for the batter connectors did you use, they look interesting. Alot better than my Orieallys 5 dollar clamps, might think about upgrading, point me in the right direction?

Actually those are O'Rilley's Auto Parts connectors. But it has a rod on it with a wing bolt to connect so it's easier to disconnect if necessary. The Cable ends are audio cable connectors. They're screw in type. You can find those on ebay anywhere actually.

The interior parts r trivial . Well front parts any way. My local u pull just got a 93 dark gray interior truck in.

Damn that would be sweet on a black truck! That's definitly an option. I have a pick and pull close to me and i haven't gone to look yet. I'm in the middle of working on getting my car back up and running. I'm hoping that will happen tonight. Then i can start driving it, and save some money with gas. I'll park the truck and start doing little stuff to it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts