Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1990 F-250

I personally hate the AOD's.I haven't seen many last too long.To me,they're kinda like the crappy solenoids from the parts store.There are a select few good AOD's,like the one in your 85,and the rest are crap.But that's just my opinion.

Sounds like your gonna be under this truck for a little while Cody.lol.Good luck with it man.

Yeah, i like my AOD...its been good so far.

Yeah, but for $150.00 its worth it. I just wish it was a 4X4.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Yeah, i like my AOD...its been good so far.

Yeah, but for $150.00 its worth it. I just wish it was a 4X4.

You're one of the lucky ones.lol.The one in my dad's truck crapped out before it hit 70,000.lol.It got replaced with a C6.

Definitely.It's a good lookin truck,and it'll be better once the tranny problems are fixed.Is it drivable or are you gonna have to tow it?

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i didnt know this but ive heard a E4od is a newer version of a C6 and can handle allot of abuse..( speaking from experience )

and the lighting crowd loves them!!! some of them are seeing 400HP on stock E4OD's

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
The E4OD's biggest downfall is heat...which is why people are always buying bigger coolers for them...and yea an overdriven version of the C6 is what it is...

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
and 1 more speed

a e4od is 4 speed ( overdrive 5)

C6 is only 3

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Jurgen just for clarrification-- the E4OD is 3 speeds + overdrive for a total of 4 gears, not 5. So that would be like an overdrive C6 like Junior said.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Jurgen just for clarrification-- the E4OD is 3 speeds + overdrive for a total of 4 gears, not 5. So that would be like an overdrive C6 like Junior said.

really ? i tought i counted 5... guess i miss counted lol

Truck looks decent. Ditch the running boards, get some new headlight trim, and the tailgate panel it was supposed to have from the factory. It is an XLT Lariat. :)

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Truck looks decent. Ditch the running boards, get some new headlight trim, and the tailgate panel it was supposed to have from the factory. It is an XLT Lariat. :)

ditch the camper also!!

Yeah, im gonna ditch the running boards. Eh, i will just leave it a XL.

Oh yeah, that is gonna go!

Wow, I couldve sworn those looked like Lariat badges. I know they didnt make too many XL Gen8s, cool that you have one. :)

Oh! So the Gen8 XL's are rare??

Yeah, I havent seen very many. Maybe one or two that I can recall. XL wasnt a very popular package, because if they wanted features XLT Lariat was such a bargain, and if they just wanted a stripped down truck, most went with the Custom. :)

Look at this sales brochure. :D

According to that brochure even the XL had the chrome headlight trim. I think the front of our trucks is kind up ugly without it. :p

http://storm.oldcarmanualproject.com/fordpickup1988.htm

Last edited:
Yeah, I havent seen very many. Maybe one or two that I can recall. XL wasnt a very popular package, because if they wanted features XLT Lariat was such a bargain, and if they just wanted a stripped down truck, most went with the Custom. :)

Look at this sales brochure. :D

According to that brochure even the XL had the chrome headlight trim. I think the front of our trucks is kind up ugly without it. :p

http://storm.oldcarmanualproject.com/fordpickup1988.htm

Hmmm, thats cool that i got a some what rare truck!

Ya, does look better with the trim!

Thanks for the link!

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I agree Connor,the 87-91's look better with the chrome trim.

I've been looking for an XL F-Series dash emblem for forever,but I can't find one in any of my junkyards.I think LMC has them,but they're a rip off.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts