Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1988 350

larrylass

New Jersey Chapter member
100_0740.JPG Heres a pic of my 1988 f350 dually. Im currently replacing the motor in it due to the fact that the 460 motor is burning a quart of oil every 50 miles!! im having the motor built by a guy named Steve Brenner in San Diego, "hemifordman" if you want to do a search. Im having him put in a comp XE 256 H -14 cam and a set of speedpro hyper coated pistons. Also all bolts will be ARP with ARP main studs along with a pioneer balancer and flexplate and also having the motor balanced. Motor will remain EFI w/ the SpeedDensity ECM as will the rebuilt EFI cylinder heads. As far as the exhaust goes ive ordered a set of Doug Thorley coated Long tubes,Stage 8 locking bolts along with a new Magnaflow HiFlow cat-It has a new flowmaster muffler on it now. Ill be replacing the fuel system -both pumps-inline pump- filter- and fuel regulator. On the underside ill be using POR -15 along with Black Epoxy appliance paint. ive also recieved my new trans cooler and Hughes "fuel miser" 1200 stall torque convertor and will be rebuilding the front pump on the C-6. The Oil cooler will be replaced as along with all vacumn hoses. All sensors are pretty much new as of now but will check them out anyway. starter- smog pump- waterpump-radiator hoses "Napa" will be replaced also.Truck has a KN filter in it now.ill make sure to post pics during the build so you can check them out. I also have some Joe Gibbs 30wt breakin oil for the cam breakin. Im trying to accomplish 3 things with this build:
Durability
Reliability
Gas Mleage improvement

The truck is a 1988 F350 Dually single cab 8 ft bed- 460 EFI motor- C6 Tranny- 10.25 Sterling Rear w/ 3.55 gears
I use it as my daily driver and will be doing the bodywork and paint in the near future
I call it the "BRUISER"

BigLar

Last edited:
yea I dont think ive seen a reg cab 87-91 dually before. Looks awesome.

Fellro

Staff member
Plenty around here... Nice rig all the same!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts