Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1978 Ford F-250 Build

005-20.jpg

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Nice project. I used chassis saver on mine and I was impressed. I painted it over some rusty parts and it has held up very well. I also brushed it on in many places and you can't even tell. Looks like it was sprayed on. A buddy of mine actually thought I powdercoated some parts. It is some of the most durable paint I've used. As long as you get the loose rust off, the paint will stick very well. Use gloves because you can't get it off your hands. Also, be careful not to get paint around the seal of the can because it paint dries to the lid, you have to cut it off. I usually have a couple spare cans around or I used some saran wrap to separate the lid and can. I don't have my truck out in the winter elements or off road so the longevity of it is still up in the air, but very resistant to all automotive fluids that's for sure. I haven't used much else so I can't say for POR 15. Rust bullet is pretty good too. My brother used it, but I don't think it comes in a black.

Nice project. I used chassis saver on mine and I was impressed. I painted it over some rusty parts and it has held up very well. I also brushed it on in many places and you can't even tell. Looks like it was sprayed on. A buddy of mine actually thought I powdercoated some parts. It is some of the most durable paint I've used. As long as you get the loose rust off, the paint will stick very well. Use gloves because you can't get it off your hands. Also, be careful not to get paint around the seal of the can because it paint dries to the lid, you have to cut it off. I usually have a couple spare cans around or I used some saran wrap to separate the lid and can. I don't have my truck out in the winter elements or off road so the longevity of it is still up in the air, but very resistant to all automotive fluids that's for sure. I haven't used much else so I can't say for POR 15. Rust bullet is pretty good too. My brother used it, but I don't think it comes in a black.

I ended up using this stuff called "Zero Rust". Not really sure if I like it all that much..but i got it for free and need to get my truck done before I move. So it'll work for now. And I gotta update..I finally got the front part of the frame painted and got the engine back in..getting closer now!:beer:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts