Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1978 F-25 trim installation

ia am about ready to paint my 78 f-25 supercab, but am curious on how to re-install the side trim (not Racetrack) trim. it came off easy enough, i have all the clips, but some of the studs broke (or were rusted) off. i replaced the bed side on half of the right rear bed so there are NO studs there can i just put the clips on with some sheet metal screws. videos would be great pictures would do to i am a visual kind of guy. thanks

ed

Yes that can be done as I have did that my self. I recommend stainless steel screws /w washers rather than rivets as you can remove the clips later if need be. Just be sure to use silicone on the screw holes to avoid rust. You will need to tape the moulding on the truck [be sure every thing lines up] draw lines on each side of the trim and install the clips exatly in the middle.
If you broke the clips with the nuts they can be ordered on line. You will need at least 2 I use 3 [both ends and the middle] hope this helps

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
^^ That's good info. The rivets have a tendency to break the clips. Especially when reusing the old brittle ones.

I also agree. With new hardware, I had no issues with breaking anything, but the old clips can be brittle.

Thanks guys but how about actually put this stuff back on? does it just snap on or do i have to slide it on? never done it never seen it done!

Ford Truck Articles