Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1976 Ford F-100

Hello, I am currently looking for this 1976 Ford F-100,But I was wondering if the white and orange two tone paint scheme is factory or custom?And if it is how rare is it?Also the truck had a 302 with a 2 barrel carb and a C4 automatic.Thanks (The picture is from about june of 1982)

Attachments

• 76 F100.jpg
Looks to be factory to me..Probably an Explorer Edition.

Last edited:
Welcome to FTF, Farmall6!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I believe that's what Ford called the custom tutone deluxe paint scheme. I don't have any paint chips in front of me, but I'd lean toward them being original as well.

It's NOT an Explorer

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
It's NOT an Explorer

Nope, it's not. Explorers always had a stripe kit, and they were different each year.

I believe that's what Ford called the custom tutone deluxe paint scheme. I don't have any paint chips in front of me, but I'd lean toward them being original as well.

Deluxe Tu-Tone did have the roof painted the same color as the center of the tu-tone, yes. This looks different, though...the orange doesn't completely "fill" the space on the roof...that doesn't look factory to me.

Also- didn't all tu-tones come with the dent chrome? I don't know this for sure..I think it did, but I'm throwing that out there for someone to confirm or deny.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Also- didn't all tu-tones come with the dent chrome? I don't know this for sure..I think it did, but I'm throwing that out there for someone to confirm or deny.

Maybe...I've never seen it noted in a brochure, but I know I've seen several ads and pics of trucks in brochures where the middle color stopped below the dent started, and stopped above the the lower body line...and then used about an 1/4" pin stripe to blend...like the 76 bicentennial f100. I also believe there's usually an ad in the back of the JBG catalogs with a copy of an original brochure picture with a red/white 250 with a similar scheme.

1976%20Ford%20Pickups-10.jpg

1976%20Ford%20Pickups-01.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Yeah Dennis, like the bottom truck pictured. But now my question is...are the paint schemes called different things between the one pictured, and the one my truck came with where the tutone met under the trim???

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
^^^Yeah Dennis, like the bottom truck pictured. But now my question is...are the paint schemes called different things between the one pictured, and the one my truck came with where the tutone met under the trim???

This is where I could be mistaken, too. Changes from year to year.

1977%20Ford%20Pickups-16.jpg

you could always try to find a 73-76 f100 shortbx and have it painted up like that if you wanted!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts