Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

10K Mod

Michigan
I recommend it! Very easy to do, and everything cost me 5 bucks from radio shack. You need a 10K ohm resistor thats used in many electronics, roll of electrical tape, and male and female connectors. After the puff of smoke the truck gets into an awesome RPM range and really rips. People claim 50 crank hp but i dont know about that... Its gotta be pretty decent in order to feel the difference tho.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I recommend it! Very easy to do, and everything cost me 5 bucks from radio shack. You need a 10K ohm resistor thats used in many electronics, roll of electrical tape, and male and female connectors. After the puff of smoke the truck gets into an awesome RPM range and really rips. People claim 50 crank hp but i dont know about that... Its gotta be pretty decent in order to feel the difference tho.

What does this require you to do?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Pardon my ignorance...never been a diesel guy...I have no clue what you're talking about. What is a 10k mod...and you can get 50hp from a $5 mod...that's just insanity.

Pardon my ignorance...never been a diesel guy...I have no clue what you're talking about. What is a 10k mod...and you can get 50hp from a $5 mod...that's just insanity.

I think he's BSing, but I dont have a clue either, enlighten us Mike.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I'm thinking the resistor must go in the line off one of the sensors, so the truck's computer gets a "biased" reading from that sensor, and dumps more fuel in to compensate.

Michigan
Good call conner...

It adds resistance to the icp sensor to make the HPOP Create more pressure..

Click Here

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
diesel is easy to add big Hp.. more fuel more boost there you go :)

thats why those tuners that costs 500 bucks addss 150 Hp..
and some bigger injectors then a turbo upgrade and pray that your tranny can hold on

Last edited:
Michigan
hahah ayaaaa yaaa i wish i had a 5 speed. Thats the only thing i dont like about this truck... I cant wait to get my 3500 dollar trans and torque converter! O yeaa....

Alot you can do to these things. My goal is, built trans, Adrenaline Hpop, stage 2 injectors, 6.0 intercooler, and a bigger garret turbo lol. Il be one happy camper!

Michigan
hmmmmmmmmm i was thinkin bout running propane lol. But then i thought about how often id use it (Every time id go to take off from a stop light) and how much strain that is on the lower end lol. Plus its illegal at the local truck and tractor pull club lol

Anyone make me some traction bars??????????????? lol

Ford Truck Articles