Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1 piece vs 2 piece driveline

Get some ladder bars.
Thats the idea i had for when i get some cash flow going on.
I was talkin to the OP. He thinks hes got axle wrap and that sounds like a logical reason to why hes eatin U joints so quick. Also with the truck bein a half ton it probly dont take much to cause it.
Its definately axle wrap. When i burn out the truck hops all over. i had a friend watch me take off, and it is indeed axle wrap
if axle wrap is the issue, then ladder bars all the way!

definately. just as soon as i get some money

Thats the idea. and i just put my summer tires on (33 vs 35) so that should help, since i wont have to turn a heavier tire. Come to think of it i never ate a joint when i had the 33s on

Yeah them big tires aint helpin matters.
Definately not. i put my 33"s back on and it stopped eating them... for now
Put an extra leaf or two in the spring pack :p trade in axle wrap for 1 ton ride quality lol

lol an add-a-leaf is in the works for lift when i put it on, which i know should help with the wrap issue

Well im reviving this thread to say ive made my decision. After i spit the rear driveline out last night, i now is the time to fix this. Went down to the best driveline place in town, and showed them. First he looked at the SHEARED OFF yoke and said holy s**t. Then he started asking questions, and gave me 2 options. One piece, 4" diameter, $600. or, 2 piece, 3.5" diameter, $300.

Looks like my decision is made for me. cant afford no 600 dollar driveline

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I know for my car, the recommendation is a one piece unit when you go over about the 650HP mark (crank)

I still think its axle wrap and not the size of your driveshaft/u joints.

I agree, but instead of the previous owner of the motor getting ladder bars, (76 f150 with stacked factory blocks for lift) he just beefed up to these u joints and a special yoke, which i have. evenually ill get ladder bars, but right now, i cant afford

Get some add a leafs itll do almost the same thing or at least help it till ya get some ladder bars.

I was thinking that. I plan on using some that will get me a little lift, like the ones on jbg, which look pretty damn stout. so they shoud help

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts