Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1978 Ford F-250 Build

As some of you already know. I got a 78 F-250 now. Decided to get a whole different truck instead of fixing my old 77 F-150...it just needed too much work.

Found it on craigslist. And ended up picking it up for $800 bucks. Which I didn't think was that bad for how solid the truck is. Really surprised me, since its a Michigan truck.
015-10.jpg

So I parked whats left of my 77 F-150 out side..and I have it sold for $450.
011-12.jpg

010-15.jpg

But back to my "new" truck.. It has a 351M..but decided to pull it out yesterday and throw my other 351M in..which I believe was rebuilt at some point.
001-20.jpg

002-20.jpg

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
I like it YelloThumbUp

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Those aren't factory Marchal fog lamps are they???

The name should be stamped on the back of the light. Those are located about the same place the holes are in my bumper. See if the chrome is in the hole or if the hole was drilled later.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You'd also have a Ford fog lamp switch under the dash.

nice find, should turn out nice

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
I have used "395 A" on Frames and undercarrage. it can be found at most Auto Paint & Body shop supply stores.if memory serves me well its about 50 bucks a gallon ( dont hold me to that price tho it has been awhile).it is also a rust inhibitor. 2 thin coats is all you need,but let it dry completey between coats.it can be sprayed on,but it is on the thick side,so dont use your best spray gun,it can also be brushed or rolled on.once dry it has a satin finish look or you can top coat it,but it is not necessary to do so.This product is great for vehicles that get used in the snow belt & see road salt,I have also done the back sides of body panels( they must be clean and all rust if any removed) for it will outlast any undercoating if properly applied.The only downside is,it takes a long time to dry between coats,usually overnite for best results.

Last edited:
POR 15 is a great rust preventer for frame and undercarriage, but it's pretty pricey.

I have used "395 A" on Frames and undercarrage. it can be found at most Auto Paint & Body shop supply stores.if memory serves me well its about 50 bucks a gallon ( dont hold me to that price tho it has been awhile).it is also a rust inhibitor. 2 thin coats is all you need,but let it dry completey between coats.it can be sprayed on,but it is on the thick side,so dont use your best spray gun,it can also be brushed or rolled on.once dry it has a satin finish look or you can top coat it,but it is not necessary to do so.This product is great for vehicles that get used in the snow belt & see road salt,I have also done the back sides of body panels( they must be clean and all rust if any removed) for it will outlast any undercoating if properly applied.The only downside is,it takes a long time to dry between coats,usually overnite for best results.

Okay. Thanks! I'll look into those. I was looking at this stuff called Chassis Saver..But its around $100 a gallon. Might be worth it though..if its good.

Ford Truck Articles